Sign in to follow this  
BigEars

Next 7- how many points?

On 14/11/2023 at 23:26, BigEars said:

So there are 7 games to the half way point in the league.  Even though our form isn’t great, I am fairly optimistic looking at the fixtures.

Home - QPR, Preston, Sheff Wed, Huddesfield.  That should be 10 points

Away - Watford, Bristol C, Bin.  More difficult but maybe 4 points.

so 14 in total taking us to 34 over the first half of the season.  We would still be behind the rate needed for the play offs, but not much.

Whats your prediction?

Spot on - though it ought to have been more (PNE) - any predictions for the next 7?! 

Edited by Branston Pickle

I think we will struggle to achieve 14 points given the opposition over those seven days. If we can stay around 2 points off a play off place, it will set us up for the 'easier' games to then gain ground.

Whether through luck or skill, superb predictions by the OP

Thanks Branston, probably a bit of (pinkun) beginners luck.

Predicting the next 7 feels like a real head vs heart moment.  Its probably the toughest run of 7 games all season with 5 games against teams above us.  If this 7 were spread among some easier games i would probably be pessimistic around most if them, but our form is better.  Ive tried to stay with my head, which coldly tells me that we are a top half team but not quite a play off one.  I think double digits would be an excellent return but we could end up with only a couple of points if things don’t go our way.  I’m going to go in the middle.

Home - Soton, WBA, Cov - this looks tough, even Cov are improving and i think Soton and WBA will finish top 6.  4 pts

Away - WBA, Millwall, Hull, Leeds - again very tough.  I”m going 4 point.

So 8 in total, it will seem bad but actually we will still be in touch with the play offs and easier games will follow.  If I’m right, we will need to hold our nerve as fans.  Despite the criticism, I feel Wagner is doing ok, and has been  helped by some of the toxicity around Webber being taken away.

Sorry I didn’t go with heart, but predicting 21 pts for every set of 7 games would get a bit dull!

I think a lot depends on how much involvement Josh Sargent has in these games.

A draw against Southampton is possible in any case, a win against WBA and Coventry if Josh is back.

For the away games, hope for a draw against WBA and a win against Millwall, Hull is winnable and presumably Leeds will be rescheduled as we will be in the 4th round of the FA Cup that weekend.

10 or more points in what might be a difficult run of games would be a good return.

On 14/11/2023 at 23:26, BigEars said:

So there are 7 games to the half way point in the league.  Even though our form isn’t great, I am fairly optimistic looking at the fixtures.

Home - QPR, Preston, Sheff Wed, Huddesfield.  That should be 10 points

Away - Watford, Bristol C, Bin.  More difficult but maybe 4 points.

so 14 in total taking us to 34 over the first half of the season.  We would still be behind the rate needed for the play offs, but not much.

Whats your prediction?

Extraordinary effort @BigEars . Any chance of 6 numbers next weekend? 

what say you for the next 6 games ?