dylanisabaddog

Northern Lights?

Did anyone else see strange things in the sky last night? I took the dogs out around 8.30pm and the sky suddenly went very bright, so much so that it hurt my eyes. It definitely wasn't fireworks and carried on for some time till it clouded over completely. 

I'm 5 miles south of the City and there are no street lights. 

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Did anyone else see strange things in the sky last night? I took the dogs out around 8.30pm and the sky suddenly went very bright, so much so that it hurt my eyes. It definitely wasn't fireworks and carried on for some time till it clouded over completely. 

I'm 5 miles south of the City and there are no street lights. 

What have we told you before about eating the 'shrooms on Mulbarton common?

😊

• Haha 3

Seen them twice, once in Greenland (2016) and once in Tromso (2019) - saw the green gaseous clouds in both cases. 

Miss TGS has never seen them before, I was itching for some more fun north of the Arctic Circle again, so we're going up to Tromso on Jan 4-8 for the Polar Night half-marathon. She won't be running it, but she's always wanted to see the lights. And I need no excuse to go to the Arctic.

Miss TGS has been thoroughly briefed re. weather conditions, the furthest north she's ever been is the Faroes, so it's her first time crossing the Arctic Circle.

19 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Seen them twice, once in Greenland (2016) and once in Tromso (2019) - saw the green gaseous clouds in both cases. 

Miss TGS has never seen them before, I was itching for some more fun north of the Arctic Circle again, so we're going up to Tromso on Jan 4-8 for the Polar Night half-marathon. She won't be running it, but she's always wanted to see the lights. And I need no excuse to go to the Arctic.

Miss TGS has been thoroughly briefed re. weather conditions, the furthest north she's ever been is the Faroes, so it's her first time crossing the Arctic Circle.

Just had a look at the website. It sounds absolutely extraordinary. Fingers crossed the sky does its thing for you! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just had a look at the website. It sounds absolutely extraordinary. Fingers crossed the sky does its thing for you! 

I did it in 2019. Bought the race T-shirt which had a representation of the Northern Lights within it (so not stuck on, but actually "woven" into the fabric and lost it within 30 minutes of doing so.

Gives me an excuse to take the portable crampons again. They don't get too much use unless we really get hit with snow and ice here.

• Like 2