Chelm Canary

There has to be some acceptance

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You really don't understand football do you, ot at least football as it is played now rather than "back in your day". Pushing Sara forward isn't increasing his attacking threat, it negates it because it pushes him into positions where the opponent can overload.

I understand that we have the joint worst defensive record in the league

You obviously dont...or are as blind to the reasons why as Wagner is

Its about what gives us the best chance from BOTH an attacking and a defensive point of view

....now where are those quotes from pre game yesterday??

32 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You really don't understand football do you, ot at least football as it is played now rather than "back in your day". Pushing Sara forward isn't increasing his attacking threat, it negates it because it pushes him into positions where the opponent can overload.

I generally agree with your analysis of this and Sara's role in particular, but surely you also have to acknowledge that our current system isn't working - we look wide open whenever we lose the ball with players committed forward. So if the solution is not a more defensively-minded midfielder, or the double pivot suggested by @TheGunnShow, what is it? We surely can't continue letting teams have 20 shots a game against us, can we?

Barnes will be back before Sargent ..and when he is should be put up top , with Sara behind.

What will be interesting is what then happens when Sargent returns. Whilst the Sargent/Barnes partnership had early promise ..and will still work against the 'lesser' sides , I have my doubts as to whether even that would have been sustainable long term as sides work us out, there would still be the same issues behind them with the McLean/Sara lack of protection in front of the back 4

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

56 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I understand that we have the joint worst defensive record in the league

You obviously dont...or are as blind to the reasons why as Wagner is

Its about what gives us the best chance from BOTH an attacking and a defensive point of view

....now where are those quotes from pre game yesterday??

I understand perfectly, however your solution is to neutralise our major attacking threat. We may concede fewer, but we would certianly score fewer as well.

Edited by BigFish

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I understand perfectly, however your solution is to neutralise our major attacking threat. We may concede fewer, but we would certianly score fewer as well.

How is it 'nuetralizing'  ???

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

How is it 'nuetralizing'  ???

You really are exceptionally dim, but I will dignify this with an answer.

You want to move our best player, our weapon and biggest attacking hreat away from a position where he gets space, sees lots of the ball and can be most effective and instead move him to a position where he is likely to be boxed in by four opponents, see less of the ball and be more easily neutralised.

36 minutes ago, BigFish said:

You really are exceptionally dim, but I will dignify this with an answer.

You want to move our best player, our weapon and biggest attacking hreat away from a position where he gets space, sees lots of the ball and can be most effective and instead move him to a position where he is likely to be boxed in by four opponents, see less of the ball and be more easily neutralised.

...oh dear

All I'm asking is for Forshaw to sit in front of the back 4 to screen our leaky defense and help take the ball off the back 4 , instead of Sara coming all the way back there to do that work, he shouldnt be anywhere near that end of the pitch.

He can still be doing all the attacking work he is now ..and more... if he doesnt have that extra defensive responsibility (which he isnt particularly good at).....(dont think he had a problem by being 'boxed in' with his goal yesterday?)

It is you are are neutalizing a potential 12-15 goal midfielder by suggesting we saddle him with defensive responsibilies

...and you call me 'dim'....or better still 'fool'...which brings me back to yesterdays pre game quotes you were so quick to post a few weeks back.....where are they?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary