Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Barcelona vs Chelsea

What was that all about then? Load of rubbish if you ask me. Not one of those fancy European players can kick the ball half as far as any one of our back four. Took ''em anywhere between three and seventeen pokey little short kicks to get the ball up the pitch. That Mourinho bloke though he''s got the right idea. Get those rubbish little blokes with their tricks and flicks off and stick a good old fashioned style Midfielder out of position up front like a good old fashioned style centre forward and hoof the ball at him. Yeah that scared ''em why keep Cole on or stick on Wright Phillips who have to run really near the edge of the pitch sometimes to run round players when you can stick on 6'' 13" of overweight midfielder threatening a career ending injury every tackle. And those little blokes near the edge do have to kick the ball sideways into the penalty area  when they do beat the defender and we all know there''s no way that''s ever going to be better than a 60 yard punt straight at the goal don''t we? too bad Chelsea didn''t get the big man on earlier they''d have easily won then, just 2 more well deserved penalties like the one they got and it''d would have been adios amigos all over. Still............ At least in defeat he had the good management sense to deflect blame from a lack of desire to win from his players to the poor refereeing in a match that ocurred two weeks ago. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

Just wish we had a manager with similar tactical nous here. But that could never happen could it? .....

Could it?

they are a long way from winning the Champions League though.

They just don''t look good enough to win it yet. They lack somone of Ronaldinho''s quality in the team and aside from Crespo, their strikers are not top international quality. What it takes to win the Prem is different to what it takes to win the Champions League.

It''s always good to see people who have got above their stattion get taken down a peg or two, Mr Mourinho.

Chelsea''s behaviour at West Brom on saturday was a disgrace and a smaller club would have had the book thrown at them.

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]Unfortunately your jealous has made you overlook that they are 15 points clear at the top of the premiership and in the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup, and have just lost to the best team in Europe [/quote]

Sorry mate I thinked you missed my point.

mourinho took off a class player, ignored another class player on the bench and stuck clumsy Huth up front as a target man from sheer desperation.

That''s what managers do when they''ve run out of ideas, stick the big bloke on, hoof it at him and hope.

I wasted 2 hours last night watching our english champions play like they couldn''t be bothered.

Goals, goals, Goals - Jose said at the start of the game on ITV.

Not when you play like that. Chalsea counldn''t get past the half way mark in midfield enough to win the game. Often being pushed back for the keeper to punt it upfield to lose the ball. (sound familar?)

Was it a case of to great teams cancelling each other out or just that Barcer had allready decided to stifel the ball all night, and chelsea had no answer and couldn''t be bothered. They didn''t seem that upset at the end when they went out!

-------

Anyway ... its 3 points from elland road and 3 points at home to Utd. !!!!!!!!!!! EASY, EASY, EASY................NOT

I''ll take 3 out of 6....they way Norwich are at present.

-----

Your post was great monty - I must say I was struck by the similarity to Norwich (except Chelsea are obviously a few steps up the food chain). What struck me most though is how Chelsea started by trying to play through the middle, but got bullied out of it by Barcelona, who gave them no time. Instead of imposing themselves at that point, they caved in and resorted to long hopeful balls. That was what I felt was so similar to Norwich - not enough strength of character as a team to stick to their gameplan. The number of times I''ve seen City go the same way - start brightly but lose their way - is beyond counting. I can''t believe Mourinho told his guys to play that way, any more than I believe Worthy tells his team to hoof the ball aimlessly upfield. I think it''s a lack of bottle, or confidence, or sometimes it''s laziness. The other similarity to City was the underperforming midfield - where was Lampard? Cole did well, in a McVeigh role, but without a creative central midfielder your strikers don''t have much of a chance.

[quote user="monty"]

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]Unfortunately your jealous has made you overlook that they are 15 points clear at the top of the premiership and in the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup, and have just lost to the best team in Europe [/quote]

mourinho took off a class player, ignored another class player on the bench and stuck clumsy Huth up front as a target man from sheer desperation.

That''s what managers do when they''ve run out of ideas, stick the big bloke on, hoof it at him and hope.

[/quote] Sooo   are we saying that "the special one" and Worthy are on a par as managers!!?? My God we must have a good manager!!

[quote user="city r us"][quote user="monty"]

[/quote] Sooo   are we saying that "the special one" and Worthy are on a par as managers!!?? My God we must have a good manager!![/quote]

As this is the one time Mourinho has made a worthy like decision I guess you are agreeing that worthy is tactically inept and makes god-awful decisions and may have run out of ideas...   Nice to see you son''t have those yella and green specs on all the time city r us.