Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

Moderated

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The answer is on that thread. If the moderation is diligent reading of the posts then the quote would have been picked up. If it was a reported post the quote wouldn't.

Help me out here...

When you report posts what do you hope will happen?

You seem to know a lot about it. 

I have no idea which post you're on about. 

Edited by Greavsy
Typo

If your interest in how I know is genuine then you'd read it and see for yourself.

Help me out here, when you report posts what do you hope will happen?

Ill repeat my question,

But do you actually know for a fact the board isn't openly moderated, or have you done an Essex and posted that because it suits your agenda, and made an assumption? 

I have read the thread, even posted on it but still have no idea which post youre referring to. Thats not the point though. But keep swerving, deflecting. As per.

I have pointed you to it and explained it. You are obviously hoping for an outcome your not going to get.

Help me understand something - what do you hope will happen when you report people's posts?

Edited by nutty nigel

I have pointed you to it and explained it. You are obviously hoping for an outcome your not going to get.

Help me understand something - what do you hope will happen when you report people's posts?

I'm hoping for a simple answer to a simple question. I can't make it any easier. Twists and turns.

Ill repeat my question,

But do you actually know for a fact the board isn't openly moderated, or have you done an Essex and posted that because it suits your agenda, and made an assumption? 

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'm hoping for a simple answer to a simple question. I can't make it any easier. Twists and turns.

Ill repeat my question,

As I’ve pointed out already, yes this board is monitored and bans are still given out as I had one at the weekend for 48 hours for inappropriate language, so the answer is definitely yes.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

As I’ve pointed out already, yes this board is monitored and bans are still given out as I had one at the weekend for 48 hours for inappropriate language, so the answer is definitely yes.  

Thanks Bald one. appreciate the reply and clarity. 

So NN's statement below would appear to be incorrect, and whilst the report button is an available option for when appropriate, the mods do periodically review content despite assumptions to the contrary. 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think the moderation of the previous thread was wayyyy too heavy handed. We can only surmise as to how it came about. Some seem to believe it to be through diligence of the moderator as he went through all the day's posts. But then some believe in the tooth fairy.

So about that tooth! ...........................................

27 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Indeed Baldy. Yet the post still remains on a quote. So whoever reported it was happy with what happened to you. And both the reporter and the moderator happy that the quote remained for all to see.

I'd like to know what these reporters hope will happen. I asked @Greavsy because he likes reporting my posts. No answer is forthcoming.

Edited by nutty nigel

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So whoever reported it was happy with what happened to you

How do you KNOW it was reported? 

Ill repeat my question,

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

And that assumption is based on?

You reporting them.

I've read your following post and have already answered you countless times.

This is too tedious for me let alone others reading it.

I'm out. You're back on ignore.

You are not getting the outcome you want and my happy days are here again :classic_laugh:

You're back on ignore.

result! 

Twists and turns - I know what will happen next. 

11 hours ago, mrD66M said:

When was the last time you used that particular word in a conversation with someone you were not very well familiar with (ie, outside your mates' circle, or someone who you're having "a bit of banter" with at the pub over a few drinks)? 

My nephew - soon to go into uni - used it recently when talking about a football team scoring lots of goals against another. Immediately I strongly told him not to use it lightly / out of context / with people he didn't know well - just because it can be used, or sometimes is, it does not mean it should.

It's really strange, you know... People bandying about 'r a p e' in conversation like it is the most trivial thing in the world. But when it actually happens, to them or someone close to them, the word mysteriously disappears.

Maybe we ought to think why that is.

Well I think most people are arseholes and ever increasing in taking offence so given both of those and the fact it's always good to hide the crazy and I try to be plain boring. People who use it around me I'd judge it on the context they use it in. I don't think the word should be an everyday word, but as I said thought it's use was fine.

• Like 1