nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

the rejection of Keynesian economics

13 hours ago, king canary said:

I'm sorry are we seriously debating 'is Tommy Robinson racist?'

What next, is Pope Catholic?

In spite of his much-hyped criminal record, and in spite of having every possible piece of muck raked on him, he has not one conviction for any racially aggravated crime.

The press effort into painting him as such a monster is beyond belief.

Where was the trouble caused by the EDL at the time Robinson started it? All the trouble was generated by antifa going along to pick a fight. The most remarkable event back then was the march finishing up dissolving in tea and conversation at a mosque.

Maybe if there had been more willingness to allow this sort of critique of Islam in the UK and the Muslim community in the UK had been forced to more openly address how radicalisation happens again and again instead of shooting it down by demonising one guy, we wouldn't have had so many running off to join Isis, including young girls going for fun adventures watching innocent khefirs being decapitated in Syria.

Preventing wider society openly discussing this is a far bigger crime than anything Yaxley-Lemon has done.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

35 minutes ago, Herman said:

Jesus, you really do try to sell us some utter crap. What an utter disgrace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almondbury_Community_School_bullying_incident

That's a lost libel trial; not a conviction for racism.

What's a disgrace is that suppression of discussing a real issue that is still improperly addressed has been successfully achieved by destroying one lower working class oik because he happened to raise it and draw some attention to it.

Peaceful protest. That's all it was at the outset. Funny how peaceful demonstration is only okay if you happen to agree with what's being demonstrated about.

And, surprise surprise, Shawcross' Prevent review, which suggested that the emphasis on far right extremism was disproportionately high and the emphasis on Islamic extremism far too low got greeted with accusations against him personally  that he was an Islamophobe.

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's a lost libel trial; not a conviction for racism.

What's a disgrace is that suppression of discussing a real issue that is still improperly addressed has been successfully achieved by destroying one lower working class oik because he happened to raise it and draw some attention to it.

Peaceful protest. That's all it was at the outset. Funny how peaceful demonstration is only okay if you happen to agree with what's being demonstrated about.

And, surprise surprise, Shawcross' Prevent review, which suggested that the emphasis on far right extremism was disproportionately high and the emphasis on Islamic extremism far too low got greeted with accusations against him personally  that he was an Islamophobe.

Some background on Shawcross, for those interested:

Screenshot_20230903-100521.thumb.png.6a75013322bc5bf6315ede64e5bb66a8.pngScreenshot_20230903-100359.thumb.png.298549d40be7021c3ee234e3280b28e3.pngScreenshot_20230903-100451.thumb.png.0b5b739cbbb60564050d00b25dd02c21.pngScreenshot_20230903-100409.thumb.png.f15ae6907087ce85e66af52f2a92daa2.pngScreenshot_20230903-100420.thumb.png.60b5f2024af61bd726516cd3b5ab4000.png

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

In spite of his much-hyped criminal record, and in spite of having every possible piece of muck raked on him, he has not one conviction for any racially aggravated crime.

You're not dense so I'm sure your aware that people can be racist without a court convicting them of racially aggravated crime.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

You're not dense so I'm sure your aware that people can be racist without a court convicting them of racially aggravated crime.

The fact is he's sat down and had sensible respectful conversations with people of many races. There's no evidence that he's racist and just hates 'brown people' as was originally suggested on this thread and lots of evidence that contradicts it.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

The fact is he's sat down and had sensible respectful conversations with people of many races. There's no evidence that he's racist and just hates 'brown people' as was originally suggested on this thread and lots of evidence that contradicts it.

So we're onto a version of 'some of my best friends are black.'

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

So we're onto a version of 'some of my best friends are black.'

I don't think people of a variety of races and religions demonstrably engaging with him in a mutually supportive manner can be reasonably characterised as such.

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I would never have accused you of being naive LYB. But in this instance.

I was at Trooping the Colour and wondered into a pub in Charing Cross afterwards. Mrs KG and I heard this singing outside and went out to take a look. It was an EDL Rally in supprt of Yaxley who was in prison at the time. The bustards sent out this 25 stone young lad to look menacing and he was handing out leaflets specifically to anybody who of an ethnic minority not white people, that was calling for minorities to be sent back to where they supposedly came from. This lad had the intelligence that was less than General Haig's pet tortoise Alan and was giggling as he thought the bullies were giving him a special job to do.

Yaxley wasn't there but at the time was the influential person in the EDL. He was as culpable as that obese idiot. As we then walked back to our hotel, hundreds of EDL supporters were gathering for their rally. And their placards were just about legal but left anyone with a modicum of sense or intelligence, what they meant. And it was all done in his name. Or his alias actually.

8 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would never have accused you of being naive LYB. But in this instance.

I was at Trooping the Colour and wondered into a pub in Charing Cross afterwards. Mrs KG and I heard this singing outside and went out to take a look. It was an EDL Rally in supprt of Yaxley who was in prison at the time. The bustards sent out this 25 stone young lad to look menacing and he was handing out leaflets specifically to anybody who of an ethnic minority not white people, that was calling for minorities to be sent back to where they supposedly came from. This lad had the intelligence that was less than General Haig's pet tortoise Alan and was giggling as he thought the bullies were giving him a special job to do.

Yaxley wasn't there but at the time was the influential person in the EDL. He was as culpable as that obese idiot. As we then walked back to our hotel, hundreds of EDL supporters were gathering for their rally. And their placards were just about legal but left anyone with a modicum of sense or intelligence, what they meant. And it was all done in his name. Or his alias actually.

Someone who starts a protest movement can't be held responsible for the bad behaviour of someone who might follow it. Yes, criticizm of Islam will inevitably have racists jump on the bandwagon, but that should not be an excuse to shut it down when it is plainly legitimate.

The protests against the police on the back of murder of Stephen Lawrence degenerated into widespread rioting and looting.  Why shouldn't that be considered good reason to shut down criticisms of police over Stephen Lawrence; some supporters of that cause were clearly law-breaking opportunist thugs, so why should we care what they think?

Maajid Nawaz was a recruiter for radical Islam who went to prison in Egypt as a result of it before doing a volte face and championing secular Islam and anti-radicalisation. He is less critical of him than most white people who judge him based on what they read about him and the image apologists for radical Islam wilfully paint of him.

This started on this thread because of some stupid comment made that Yaxley-Lennon hates all brown people. I've think I've shown enough for it to be quite clear that that's an absolute load of rubbish. To be honest, it sickens me the way he has been trashed. As I've said many times on the fraudster front, what he did was just the same as Peter Mandelson. If that's really so bad, why wasn't everyone shouting from the rooftops at Peter Mandelson not being charged because he heppened to be a big beast in the Labour party and close buddies with Blair and Campbell? And then people smug and delighted at the thought that the guy was in genuine danger from exactly the Islamic fanatics in prison he's quite rightly protesting about. 

11 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Someone who starts a protest movement can't be held responsible for the bad behaviour of someone who might follow it. Yes, criticizm of Islam will inevitably have racists jump on the bandwagon, but that should not be an excuse to shut it down when it is plainly legitimate.

The protests against the police on the back of murder of Stephen Lawrence degenerated into widespread rioting and looting.  Why shouldn't that be considered good reason to shut down criticisms of police over Stephen Lawrence; some supporters of that cause were clearly law-breaking opportunist thugs, so why should we care what they think?

Maajid Nawaz was a recruiter for radical Islam who went to prison in Egypt as a result of it before doing a volte face and championing secular Islam and anti-radicalisation. He is less critical of him than most white people who judge him based on what they read about him and the image apologists for radical Islam wilfully paint of him.

This started on this thread because of some stupid comment made that Yaxley-Lennon hates all brown people. I've think I've shown enough for it to be quite clear that that's an absolute load of rubbish. To be honest, it sickens me the way he has been trashed. As I've said many times on the fraudster front, what he did was just the same as Peter Mandelson. If that's really so bad, why wasn't everyone shouting from the rooftops at Peter Mandelson not being charged because he heppened to be a big beast in the Labour party and close buddies with Blair and Campbell? And then people smug and delighted at the thought that the guy was in genuine danger from exactly the Islamic fanatics in prison he's quite rightly protesting about. 

I'm sorry LYB but you are rapidly becoming the solitary believer in what you post. Yaxley is worse than his deluded followers. He uses them to achieve the end. And that is to be famous and wealthy. He is the new Derek Hatton and I despise him.

• Like 2

Yaxley Lennon was a self server who made hundreds of thousands out of his actions and rabble rousing speeches, a low life who made money from the media who amplified his distasteful actions. He is not a leader but a right wing CEO who uses division to enrich himself.

which has nowt to do with the ignorance of this Government for Keynesian economics.

Edited by nevermind, neoliberalism has had it
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sorry LYB but you are rapidly becoming the solitary believer in what you post. Yaxley is worse than his deluded followers. He uses them to achieve the end. And that is to be famous and wealthy. He is the new Derek Hatton and I despise him.

I don't really care if I'm the only person who 'believes' it. There's supporting evidence for what I'm arguing against the assertion of across the board racism on his part personally that's not borne out by the evidence; just people going with headlines because it suits them.