Sign in to follow this  
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

2023/24 Season Predictions

I don't think we've had a thread like this yet and there's one every year, so let's have a go. How will our season pan out?

Finishing position: 9th. I think we'll see a similar season to last year. A new sporting director may weaken Wagner's position, and the trigger may be pulled after a poor run mid-season leaves us in mid-table. We'll get a new coach who sees a slight upturn in fortunes but not enough to reach the Playoffs, all whilst trying to put his own stamp on the team.

Player of the season: Gabriel Sara. There's nobody really obvious sticking out here, but I fancy Gabby to have another good season and get in the top three, at least.

Signing of the season: Jack Stacey. He's looked decent in preseason and I fancy him to be a consistent, reliable threat down the right flank.

Top scorer (how many?): Josh Sargent, 14. He'll have a decent season and be played as a centre forward, but won't reach Pukki levels.

Flop of the season: Christian Fassnacht. Not a nice question, but this is tied into my first answer. If we struggle, Fassnacht may get extra criticism being closely linked to Wagner and feature less as the season goes on if a new coach is brought in.

Youngster to make an impact: I think Rowe may prove to be a handy impact player, even if he won't establish himself as a regular starter. Could get caught in an Idah-like state of purgatory, where he's considered useful enough to stay in the squad as a backup but ultimately not getting the minutes he needs to develop properly, either here or on loan.

Will Wagner last the season: As stated previously, I'd say no.

Promoted from the Championship: Southampton and Leicester to bounce straight back up, and in the Playoffs, no idea. It's a bit of a lottery.

Relegated: I'll steer clear of the three favourites for this. Sheffield Wednesday have had problems, Warnock is a short-term miracle worker but may struggle over a full season so Huddersfield, and Cardiff have a few issues.

Feel free to add anything else...

Top.

Idah.

New gardener tending the veg plot at Colney. 

Idah, 25 goals. 

N/A.

Barnes. 

Yes, new 5 year contract offered in January. 

Norwich, QPR and Rotherham.

leeds, Leicester and Southampton. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Finishing position: 8th - Defensive improvements, but lacking attacking strength

Player of the season: Fassnacht

Signing of the season: Stacey

Top scorer (how many?): Sargent  - 18

Flop of the season: Giannoulis

Youngster to make an impact: Rowe

Will Wagner last the season: Yes

Promoted from the Championship: No

Relegated - No

Finishing position: 12th, defensively better but a lack of goals may be a worry

Player of the season: Fassnacht

Signing of the season: Fassnacht

Top scorer (how many?): Sargent - 15