Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So the Championship starts today

Sheffield Wednesday v Southampton, the first match of the season. Does seem like one to watch. Will be interesting to see how Southampton will do given how many think they should be in the top six and therefore provided we do well this season should a team to keep an eye on.

I think Southampton will probably do quite well after maybe a slowish start as they get used to how Martin wants them to play. They may make a few errors trying to play it out from the back. Hopefully our new pressing game might pay off next week if they are still getting to grips with that. 

Perfect t starter for russ, weds are a basket case and likely to be in a relegation battle.   Russ usually takes a few games to get his style embedded, little danger of a loss and a probable win to boost confidence before we go and aim to be hard to break down.   

Should be an away win but a draw would be great.

7 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think Southampton will probably do quite well after maybe a slowish start as they get used to how Martin wants them to play. They may make a few errors trying to play it out from the back. Hopefully our new pressing game might pay off next week if they are still getting to grips with that. 

If Martin is a good coach he will adapt a little ,

possession with a bit more attacking play with better players than he had with swansea ,

i think they will do well only if he ditches the boring football ,