dylanisabaddog

King's Lynn stream refund

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

The simple way is don't seek such trivial income in the first place then the hassle wouldn't follow.

says the man boasting over a £100 bonus from a building society. heres a clue....they wouldnt give you that unless they made a shoiteload more than that out of you. as long as the crumbs come your way, youre happy. Disingenuous hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

says the man boasting over a £100 bonus from a building society. heres a clue....they wouldnt give you that unless they made a shoiteload more than that out of you. as long as the crumbs come your way, youre happy. Disingenuous hypocrite.

To be fair, a building society makes everyone who has an account a bona fide stakeholder in the organisation akin to a shareholder in a bank like Barclays, with associated voting rights on issues concerning the running of the society, and also some dividends like this. It mystifies me why anyone would have a bank account over a building society account; why would you put your money in the hands of someone whose first interest is looking after the financial interests of someone else?

13 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The simple way is don't seek such trivial income in the first place then the hassle wouldn't follow.

If you paid £3 for a coffee only to be told the machine wasn't working would you 

a) tell them to keep the money and not worry about it? 

b) ask for a refund? 

c) expect, quite reasonably, that they would give you your money back without having to ask? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you paid £3 for a coffee only to be told the machine wasn't working would you 

a) tell them to keep the money and not worry about it? 

b) ask for a refund? 

c) expect, quite reasonably, that they would give you your money back without having to ask? 

The paradox of modern football. Fans see themselves as stakeholders, and in many ways feel their interest in the club makes them stakeholders. On the other hand, many fans take a view that the actual financial stakeholders should essentially subsidise clubs financially to improve the competitive advantage of the club... for the benefit of fans. The conversation about Attanasio's involved highlights this.

So a stream was provided of the game, which didn't deliver a decent quality of service. As consumers this is unacceptable. As supporters a bit more thought should be put into it. Had I bought a pass for the stream and it didn't work, these would be my thoughts:

-Could the issue have been my own internet connection?

-If not, what does the club have to say about it? Am I satisified that best efforts were made by the club to provide a decent service? What steps are the club taking to improve it in future.

-Regardless of the standard of the service there, is it actually in my interests to seek to penalise the club as a consumer through refunds and the additional admin costs if I'm primarily motivated by wanting the club to actually be successful on the pitch, which is already a challenge given our revenue streams?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

15 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair, a building society makes everyone who has an account a bona fide stakeholder in the organisation akin to a shareholder in a bank like Barclays, with associated voting rights on issues concerning the running of the society, and also some dividends like this. It mystifies me why anyone would have a bank account over a building society account; why would you put your money in the hands of someone whose first interest is looking after the financial interests of someone else?

Thankyou for yet more pointless mansplaining. your input is duly noted and ignored.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thankyou for yet more pointless mansplaining. your input is duly noted and ignored.

Your comment just suggested you didn't know what you were talking about and thought you might be interested. Sorry; I forgot you revel in your own ignorance.

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The paradox of modern football. Fans see themselves as stakeholders, and in many ways feel their interest in the club makes them stakeholders. On the other hand, many fans take a view that the actual financial stakeholders should essentially subsidise clubs financially to improve the competitive advantage of the club... for the benefit of fans.

So a stream was provided of the game, which didn't deliver a decent quality of service. As consumers this is unacceptable. As supporters a bit more thought should be put into it. Had I bought a pass for the stream and it didn't work, these would be my thoughts:

-If not, what does the club have to say about it? Am I satisified that best efforts were made by the club to provide a decent service? What steps are the club taking to improve it in future.

-Regardless of the standard of the service there, is it actually in my interests to seek to penalise the club as a consumer through refunds and the additional admin costs if I'm primarily motivated by wanting the club to actually be successful on the pitch, which is already a challenge given our revenue streams?

oh do ferkoff, if its rubbish, give a refund ...a foundation of good business. it was admitted by the club it was a fault at 'their end', so all your pseudo intelligent reasoned thinking is, in fact garbage.

• Like 3

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

oh do ferkoff, if its rubbish, give a refund ...a foundation of good business. it was admitted by the club it was a fault at 'their end', so all your pseudo intelligent reasoned thinking is, in fact garbage.

Except it's not, at heart supposed to be business; it's supposed to be competitive sport. The fact that so many people like yourself and Essex are so obsessed with the business side of things really underlines how screwed up the sport is.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Your comment just suggested you didn't know what you were talking about and thought you might be interested. Sorry; I forgot you revel in your own ignorance.

if my ignorance offends you... then good! i have no interest in your opinions, other than watching someone trying to convince everyone how clever they are...which is amusing and tragic in equal measure....keep it up, as when i have the time, you amuse me.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Except it's not, at heart supposed to be business; it's supposed to be competitive sport. The fact that so many people like yourself and Essex are so obsessed with the business side of things really underlines how screwed up the sport is.

distributing a stream is business ,not sport, you once again have drifted off topic, it doesnt make you clever , it makes you irrelevant. nice try ref Ethics though, good effort , no cigar....too manly for you.

Edited by wcorkcanary

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

if my ignorance offends you... then good! i have no interest in your opinions, other than watching someone trying to convince everyone how clever they are...which is amusing and tragic in equal measure....keep it up, as when i have the time, you amuse me.

Why would it offend me? If you prefer to avoid learning anything then that's no skin off my nose.

You really are especially chippy today aren't you? For someone so precious about their own opinions, you don't half try hard at shutting other people down.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why would it offend me? If you prefer to avoid learning anything then that's no skin off my nose.

You really are especially chippy today aren't you? For someone so precious about their own opinions, you don't half try hard at shutting other people down.

nah chap, as ever, say what you wish, just be prepared for pushback, thats all. i even said 'keep it up'...hardly an attempted shutdown is it? ferkin drama queen.

25 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The paradox of modern football. Fans see themselves as stakeholders, and in many ways feel their interest in the club makes them stakeholders. On the other hand, many fans take a view that the actual financial stakeholders should essentially subsidise clubs financially to improve the competitive advantage of the club... for the benefit of fans. The conversation about Attanasio's involved highlights this.

I've never read such nonsense in my life. The club didn't ask me for a donation to improve it in any way. In fact when they have sought money from supporters in the past for financial reasons those supporters have received shares or, more recently, loan interest. 

This was a straightforward financial transaction. Customers gave them money in exchange for a service that wasn't supplied. 

And I very much doubt the club will be out of pocket. Do you seriously believe the stream supplier will be paid? Of course they won't and quite rightly so. 

And no, there was no problem with my Internet connection or anyone else's for that matter. It didn't work for anyone and the club publicly accepted that. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 2

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I've never read such nonsense in my life. The club didn't ask me for a donation to improve it in any way. In fact when they have sought money from supporters for financial reasons those supporters have received shares or, more recently, loan interest. 

This was a straightforward financial transaction. Customers gave them money in exchange for a service that wasn't supplied. 

And I very much doubt the club will be out of pocket. Do you seriously believe the stream supplier will be paid. Of course they won't and quite rightly so. 

well  put, precious little Birdyo thinks life is a debate, hence his endless pseudosmart pontifications. Im pretty sure he cant actually believe that we should shut up and 'be reasonable 'about a technical service not working......the outcome of the service should be guaranteed ...the outcome of a sporting fixture cannot...beyond the fact that it hapens, the stream was not as sold. simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

? If you prefer to avoid learning

i am quickly learning that you are a selfagrandising Tool,  for that valuable lesson, i thankyou but as its sport and not business, it was free. i dont take the pi55 geez , you give it away.

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've never read such nonsense in my life. The club didn't ask me for a donation to improve it in any way. In fact when they have sought money from supporters in the past for financial reasons those supporters have received shares or, more recently, loan interest. 

And I very much doubt the club will be out of pocket. Do you seriously believe the stream supplier will be paid? Of course they won't and quite rightly so. 

And no, there was no problem with my Internet connection or anyone else's for that matter. It didn't work for anyone and the club publicly accepted that. 

Wow. Such excitable replies. Good luck with the crusade then. 👍

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Wow. Such excitable replies. Good luck with the crusade then. 👍

As usual, when presented with very simple facts, you resort to rather embarrassing comments. I hate to disappoint you but I haven't been excitable for quite some time. 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As usual, when presented with very simple facts, you resort to rather embarrassing comments. I hate to disappoint you but I haven't been excitable for quite some time. 

Embarrassing? Why would my comments embarrass you? What a bizarre mindset on your part.

If I were you, I'd be more embarrassed about being so hard up that I felt the need to vent my spleen over a stream that cost slightly less than a pint at the pub.

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

i am quickly learning that you are a selfagrandising Tool,  for that valuable lesson, i thankyou but as its sport and not business, it was free. i dont take the pi55 geez , you give it away.

That's right. Nothing says self-aggrandisement more that posting anonymously on the internet.

7 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

nah chap, as ever, say what you wish, just be prepared for pushback, thats all. i even said 'keep it up'...hardly an attempted shutdown is it? ferkin drama queen.

Pushback? That's what you call your pointless ad hominem rants, is it?

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

@dylanisabaddog, @wcorkcanary, @littleyellowbirdie

it is quite simple. Of course anyone receiving a non-existent or poor quality service having paid should receive a refund.

Equally no one should be entitled to access a bond investment without first being a fully fledged member.

Nothing difficult about either.

Are you drunk?  Maybe not but  you are, for sure one hell of a Member. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Embarrassing? Why would my comments embarrass you? What a bizarre mindset on your part.

If I were you, I'd be more embarrassed about being so hard up that I felt the need to vent my spleen over a stream that cost slightly less than a pint at the pub.

For goodness sake! It's not me that should embarrassed, it's you. You are making a ridiculous argument and have now gone a step further by assuming I'm hard up.

My wealth has nothing to do with it, I merely want what the club contracted to supply. 

If you paid £5 for a pint at the pub only to be told that the beer had run dry would you expect the bar to keep your money? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

For goodness sake! It's not me that should embarrassed, it's you. You are making a ridiculous argument and have now gone a step further by assuming I'm hard up.

My wealth has nothing to do with it, I merely want what the club contracted to supply. 

If you paid £5 for a pint at the pub only to be told that the beer had run dry would you expect the bar to keep your money? 

Why is it ridiculous to suggest that five quid is such an absurdly trivial amount of money to demand that the club jump through admin hoops to execute thousands of refunds simply because of an IT **** up out of the club's control for the sake of a pre-season friendly against a lower division local team? This is petty.

If I was in the club's shoes, for the sake of this grief I'd abandon the idea of streaming pre-season friendlies altogether.

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why is it ridiculous to suggest that five quid is such an absurdly trivial amount of money to demand that the club jump through admin hoops to execute thousands of refunds simply because of an IT **** up out of the club's control for the sake of a pre-season friendly against a lower division local team? This is petty.

If I was in the club's shoes, for the sake of this grief I'd abandon the idea of streaming pre-season friendlies altogether.

Streaming pre-season friendlies is not all that difficult judging by the excellent stream which Kaiserslautern provided on Facebook. Incidentally, for free. There's a club which actually cares about its supporters.

I'm sure our club, in contrast, would love to take up your idea of abandoning the streaming of pre-season friendlies. They're too incompetent to do it well enough to earn money from it and too mean-spirited to do it for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Streaming pre-season friendlies is not all that difficult judging by the excellent stream which Kaiserslautern provided on Facebook. Incidentally, for free. There's a club which actually cares about its supporters.

I'm sure our club, in contrast, would love to take up your idea of abandoning the streaming of pre-season friendlies. They're too incompetent to do it well enough to earn money from it and too mean-spirited to do it for free.

I will give you that point: It is kind of riidculous that they charged anything given the revenue is relatively trivial.

Then again, Kaieserslautern don't live in an awkward spot of trying to traverse the massive economic gulf between the Championship and the Premier League.

34 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It's not trivial to suggest that Norwich City treats its customers properly. When a business behaves like this it always has a negative effect. I can't think of any other industry that would behave in this way and I think the vast majority of football clubs would issue refunds without request. Yes, the amount of money is relatively small but that's not the point. The point is the degree of contempt with which the club treats its supporters. 

There is a complete lack of public relations at Norwich City at the moment. The club has even managed to fall out with the local press. It regularly doesn't answer the phone, it has closed the ticket office and it doesn't reply to communications. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's not trivial to suggest that Norwich City treats its customers properly. When a business behaves like this it always has a negative effect. I can't think of any other industry that would behave in this way and I think the vast majority of football clubs would issue refunds without request. Yes, the amount of money is relatively small but that's not the point. The point is the degree of contempt with which the club treats its supporters. 

There is a complete lack of public relations at Norwich City at the moment. The club has even managed to fall out with the local press. It regularly doesn't answer the phone, it has closed the ticket office and it doesn't reply to communications. 

Don't you consider it a bit sad that you cast yourself as a consumer as opposed to an actual supporter?

Ever tried getting in contact with Google or Amazon? That's modern consumer relations for commercial enterprises. If more and more fans are going to adopt a consumer mentality, it's no wonder the club's PR will be less community club and more corporate operation.

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Don't you consider it a bit sad that you cast yourself as a consumer as opposed to an actual supporter?

Ever tried getting in contact with Google or Amazon? That's modern consumer relations for commercial enterprises. If more and more fans are going to adopt a consumer mentality, it's no wonder the club's PR will be less community club and more corporate operation.

That's really not the point, though, is it? The club sells itself as a community club and then acts like a business selling shampoo. I know you may find this controversial, but I think Webber's comment that we could go and support another club if we didn't like what was happening either reflects or has created an attitude of producer-consumer which has become the prevailing attitude of NCFC.

I accept that this is probably happening at almost every club, and that this corporatisation may be hard to avoid if a club wants to survive in the modern football league, but I still think as fans we should resist it whenever possible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

That's really not the point, though, is it? The club sells itself as a community club and then acts like a business selling shampoo. I know you may find this controversial, but I think Webber's comment that we could go and support another club if we didn't like what was happening either reflects or has created an attitude of producer-consumer which has become the prevailing attitude of NCFC.

I accept that this is probably happening at almost every club, and that this corporatisation may be hard to avoid if a club wants to survive in the modern football league, but I still think as fans we should resist it whenever possible.

The club doesn't just sell itself as a community club, it tries very hard to be one, as evidence by how we're usually well up the list in every engagement survey for clubs of our stature; giving the club a break over very minor things like this and more fans taking a less transactional view to supporting the club could help maintain more of a community spirit, if that's what people want.