Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Our Clubs Record Signing is....

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

Timm Klose, according to Stuart Webber

Add-ons and performance clauses must have done a lot of heavy lifting in the transfers of Sara, Tzolis and Rashica, then... which is a relief in the case of the latter two, certainly.

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Add-ons and performance clauses must have done a lot of heavy lifting in the transfers of Sara, Tzolis and Rashica, then... which is a relief in the case of the latter two, certainly.

I recall the figure always (mis)quoted for Wildschutt was something like £7m….Alex Neil nearly fell off his chair when he heard that.  But it goes down as being ‘the’ figure even if utter garbage.

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

One Webber pointed out as being particularly overblown. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I recall the figure always (mis)quoted for Wildschutt was something like £7m….Alex Neil nearly fell off his chair when he heard that.  But it goes down as being ‘the’ figure even if utter garbage.

Given Wildschut's ability as a footballer, I'd hope that about £6.98m of that was contingent upon performance...

• Haha 1

Well the devil is in the detail I do wonder if Klose was all up front whereas the others might be staged payments or have instalments after x number of games. 

i wonder due to timing of the transfer klose might not have had any relegation release clauses in terms of wages. So he might be the record in terms of “total cost of ownership” So big up front fee then 60k a week for 5 years regardless of division.