Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

What do you collect?

Norwich City wise.

I've got a growing collection of pin badges from the 70s, 80s, 90s, up to almost 50 and have started exploring ways and means of displaying them. 

This is the only NCFC thing I've really collected other than keeping all my ticket stubs from childhood. Never kept kits etc. 

My dad had a massive collection of about 1200 Norwich City programmes but flogged them all to a dealer when downsizing from a house to a flat a few years back.

Seem somebody on here say they had a full collection of Edwardian Nest postcards which must have been worth a few bob.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Always used to keep the tickets from matches, of whatever club, I’ve been to, and before all-seaters, the programmes so as to have a momento, although in truth most of them were pretty carp and have offloaded a lot. Other than that, collecting scalps of trolls can kill a little time on a wet afternoon, but really that’s too easy – although it is funny when they don’t notice they’ve been had and think they’re scoring (NOT referring to any of the above in this thread). TVB, I think your collection of pins sounds great - looking though football memorabilia in stores and on line have been amazed at how cheap rare programmes, even books, can be, whereas pins, even quite recent ones have decent prices on them. Have you valued yours?

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Norwich City wise.

I've got a growing collection of pin badges from the 70s, 80s, 90s, up to almost 50 and have started exploring ways and means of displaying them. 

This is the only NCFC thing I've really collected other than keeping all my ticket stubs from childhood. Never kept kits etc. 

My dad had a massive collection of about 1200 Norwich City programmes but flogged them all to a dealer when downsizing from a house to a flat a few years back.

Seem somebody on here say they had a full collection of Edwardian Nest postcards which must have been worth a few bob.

Don’t forget 30 day bans on here ( wink )

I’m afraid all of my programmes from about 1970 onwards, together with various fanzines from the 80s/90s (Ferry cross the Wensum, Spud International, Liverpool are on the Tele Again, etc) ended up in a skip 15 years ago.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Norwich City wise.

Match in Play postcards of the nest can fetch up to £200 

Norwich city programme holy grail is the Rochdale cup final 1962 can go up to £1500 

for pin badges have you tried old printing block boxes large boxes with tiny squares my brother has his mounted on walls in those trays 

you can cut them to any size you want 

1 hour ago, crispeduk said:

looking though football memorabilia in stores and on line have been amazed at how cheap rare programmes, even books, can be, whereas pins, even quite recent ones have decent prices on them. Have you valued yours?

Not really sure on current value of the collection.

I got some of my best late 80s and early 90s ones from a tiny shop in the front room of a terrace house near Hillsborough Stadium across a few away fixtures, no idea if it's still operating but I'm praying Wednesday go up so I can find out next season.

I lose a lot of ebay auctions these days as the prices can get a bit silly and postage is getting more expensive. 

• Like 1