Sign in to follow this  
sgncfc

Promoted Clubs this year

The three likely promoted clubs are Burnley, Sheffield United and (probably) Middlesbro.

None of them have any money or particularly wealthy owners who will be prepared to shell out the £200m necessary to "give it a go" in Talksport language. Burnley and Boro have relied hugely on loans this season. Sheff Utd are a basket case club with an owner who keeps allegedly reneging on agreed deals to sell up.

If it's not Boro through the playoffs it's Luton, Coventry or Millwall perhaps. All of whom have no money.

All and any of them are likely coming straight back down after spending their £100m on wages. The only potential exception is Sunderland who might grab 6th and who are owned by a billionaire.

Conversely, the three relegated this year from the PL will likely be loaded - especially if it's Everton/Leicester/Leeds, plus  Forest and Southampton - and will all be overwhelming favourites to go straight back (I know, we were too, and that worked well.....)

What a sad state we have got our game into.

Aah, but at least with Chelsea's new manager being Pocchetino, MoTD will gush a ready-made replacement for Frank Lampard's Chelsea with Vincent Kompany's Burnley. Not forgetting how "plucky" Sheff Utd will be

i Think Middlesborough will do quite well 

i do not think Kompany will be at Burnley so big problem replacing him if he goes 

Edited by norfolkngood