33 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes, but you subscribe to the weird notion that millionaire players need to be motivated by people paying to watch them play.

The first 15 minutes showed that the crowd will get up to it with a bit of effort and quality. As soon as that disappeared, so did the noise.

All on the players. And to react that sensitively to justified frustration and/or anger is pathetic. And to be delighted for the poor little millionaire? I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest.

I just think if fans can shout at Idah and call him a c*nt for not being whatever they want him to be at that precise moment, then players are allowed to give a thumbs up to the crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

I just think if fans can shout at Idah and call him a c*nt for not being whatever they want him to be at that precise moment, then players are allowed to give a thumbs up to the crowd.

I think they want him to be a half decent forward šŸ¤· But I agree - he can't help not being that can he šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If he was just giving it to the handful of morons who like to abuse our own players then fair enough. If you think it was only those fans that made up the thousands and thousands who saw that pathetic performance worthy of booing then I don't know what to tell you.

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think they want him to be a half decent forward šŸ¤· But I agree - he can't help not being that can he šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜œšŸ˜œšŸ˜œ

I mean he didn't offer any less than Sargent when he came on (not saying much, I know) so it astounds me he gets the level of personal vitriol he does from people around me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Wouldn't mind if he goes in the summer. He is not a patch on what Krull was a few years ago. We need to replace and improve on all 11 current players, although I realise that cannot and will not happen. We do need better players in all positions, unfortunately.Ā 

Short memory, I seem to recall that Krull in his first season was very poor indeed. May have still be in recovery after his awful injury, but the fact remains he was poor at that time.

Just now, hogesar said:

I mean he didn't offer any less than Sargent when he came on (not saying much, I know) so it astounds me he gets the level of personal vitriol he does from people around me.

The problem the lad has is the club nailing it's colours to the mast (or seeming to) by giving him that 5 year contract... He will ALWAYS have that hanging over him now with everyone wondering what he's shown to be given that sort of faith.Ā 

I really think it's our own fault (club not fans) as he should of been given a loan or two at least 3 seasons ago.. I feel like certain people inside the club see the hat-trick against Preston and immediately though ah we have a winner here, no need for the lad to go out and play first team football - he's already shown he can score against championship level teams... He needed regular full games to find tune his craft instead of being thrown on for a few minutes here and there and expected to pull something out of his backside.Ā 

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The problem the lad has is the club nailing it's colours to the mast (or seeming to) by giving him that 5 year contract... He will ALWAYS have that hanging over him now with everyone wondering what he's shown to be given that sort of faith.Ā 

I really think it's our own fault (club not fans) as he should of been given a loan or two at least 3 seasons ago.. I feel like certain people inside the club see the hat-trick against Preston and immediately though ah we have a winner here, no need for the lad to go out and play first team football - he's already shown he can score against championship level teams... He needed regular full games to find tune his craft instead of being thrown on for a few minutes here and there and expected to pull something out of his backside.Ā 

I just think it's a bizarre thing for Fans to hold over him as a player. They have absolutely no insight to the 5 year contract, how it's structured or anything. It just looks like we are protecting ourselves with a young asset.

Hes always going to struggle if our fans want to give him dogs abuse for daring to come on the pitch when the manager asks him to.

• Like 1

Gunn will have his own reasons for his reaction and fair enough but maybe he was equally annoyed at what he saw unfold ahead of him?

Professional football isn't about putting effort in, if it were I could run around forĀ 90 minutes, puke my guts up and say yeah I've done a great job.

We were poor in terms of creativity, urgency and quality in the final 3rd. It doesn't justify booing but when the manager calls for support you are perfectly entitled to react after a performance like that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Fixed it for you

Well done you. How big a pat on the back did you give yourself for that one?

• Haha 1