Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Money money money, must be funny..

https://www.eurosport.com/football/transfers/2022-2023/lionel-messi-considers-paris-saint-germain-future-amid-400m-per-year-saudi-arabia-offer-from-al-hila_sto9542832/story.shtml

Now look I understand Messi probably won't be renewing his contract at PSG, and will probably want to sign for a new club. I get that he's recently won the world Cup and will no doubt go down as one of the greatest footballers of all time..

But 400 million a year? For kicking a ball around?

If it's what they're willing to pay why wouldn't he take it - not his fault that they have more money than sense... I know I'd take it if it were me.

52 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If it's what they're willing to pay why wouldn't he take it - not his fault that they have more money than sense... I know I'd take it if it were me.

Would you choose ending your career at Norwich City, or sell out in Saudi Arabia? The Messi equivalent to playing for Norwich would be to go and play for Newell's Old Boys in Argentina, I really hope he does that while still class to become a man of the people. He has always said he'd return there to end his career.

Ronnie chose the oil money over ending his career in Portugal. Messi shunning Saudi Arabia would be a victory for real football. If he did decide to take Saudi coins though, I see little difference to his current situation being paid by Qatari's. 

Edited by JuanVelasco

12 minutes ago, JuanVelasco said:

Would you choose ending your career at Norwich City, or sell out in Saudi Arabia? The Messi equivalent to playing for Norwich would be to go and play for Newell's Old Boys in Argentina, I really hope he does that while still class to become a man of the people. He has always said he'd return there to end his career.

Ronnie chose the oil money over ending his career in Portugal. Messi shunning Saudi Arabia would be a victory for real football. If he did decide to take Saudi coins though, I see little difference to his current situation being paid by Qatari's. 

Like PSG? 

3 minutes ago, JuanVelasco said:

Did you read the sentence which immediately followed? 

Not sure how it would be a victory for real football if there's little difference to his current situation. 

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Not sure how it would be a victory for real football if there's little difference to his current situation. 

Have you had your morning coffee?

A still world class Lionel Messi (he is still World Class) returning to Newell Old Boys in the summer, as he has always said he wants to do, to play in front of his own people half a year after lifting the World Cup for them, instead of following Ronnie to Saudi Arabia, would be a victory for real football.

Edited by JuanVelasco

1 minute ago, JuanVelasco said:

Have you had your morning coffee?

A still world class Lionel Messi (he is still World Class) returning to Newell Old Boys in the summer, to play in front of his own people half a year after lifting the World Cup for them, instead of following Ronnie to Saudi Arabia, would be a victory for real football.

I see. I'm definitely struggling with reading today. Maybe too much coffee! 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But 400 million a year? For kicking a ball around?

That's not entirely what the money is for though is it.  Sadly.