Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Newcastle United Ownership

Come on, as if no-one thought otherwise! EPL are culpable from the beginning of this, but until a Football Regulator is appointed and imposes some proper legal processes upon the game, the clubs lawyers will always win the legal battle with their deeper pockets. Man City can ride out their current storm, the Toon will do likewise. Retrospective punishments are just unenforceable.

Cynical, moi? 🤔😒

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s interesting. Seems the Saudis need to create a narrative that they stick to!

Indeed

However of course it may not be that he is a member of the royal family and just claimed that in America to save himself from their courts. But of course lie or not that was declared in a legal setting, so I assume wether he is or wether he isn’t he is because that’s what he declared at law, if that makes sense lol.

50 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

until a Football Regulator is appointed and imposes some proper legal processes upon the game, the clubs lawyers will always win the legal battle with their deeper pockets

The regulator concerns me too though, if it's govt ran it will depend who's in power and what motives they have as to where the policies land.  If it's independent body,  wouldn't it be subject to corruption as they need funding?   That's my ignorant concerns when I read about regulators, anyway.

I Look at the Connor Benn situation in boxing, all these bodies, organisations and it's a right mess... Just go in heavy with your solicitors and the rules and process to follow doesn't seem to matter.

The big problem is now there's such huge financial, questionable, ownerships in so many clubs there's always the threat of them just walking away from the established landscape and doing something themselves on a world stage.  So, I just think it's all too late when you consider that. 

There needs to be a worldwide body free of corruption to really get a grip on the game, and can't see that happening as Prem League don't want a fair system, they want the strongest league in the world to sell.

Edited by Google Bot

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The regulator concerns me too though, if it's govt ran it will depend who's in power and what motives they have as to where the policies land.  If it's independent body,  wouldn't it be subject to corruption as they need funding?   That's my ignorant concerns when I read about regulators, anyway.

You are of course right to be concerned. Under Thatcher, self-regulation generally ruled various sectors within the UK, but eventually most have had to bow to the fact they cannot regulate themselves and maintain transparency and provide public trust, so independent regulators have become the norm. And these are generally funded, as you say, by the people they regulate so how far is it a step on from self-regulation? A bit, but there have been so many occasions where such regulators are either accused of "being in bed" with the people they regulate, or worse just plain toothless and a waste of time. OFWAT and OFGEM spring to mind on the latter. OFFOOT may well turn out to be the same.

The solution? Well we could never trust the politicians, the courts are just too damn busy. All regulators being policed by OFREGULATOR?

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Come on, as if no-one thought otherwise! EPL are culpable from the beginning of this, but until a Football Regulator is appointed and imposes some proper legal processes upon the game, the clubs lawyers will always win the legal battle with their deeper pockets. Man City can ride out their current storm, the Toon will do likewise. Retrospective punishments are just unenforceable.

Cynical, moi? 🤔😒

Quite. As was pointed out here by more than one poster.

Edited by PurpleCanary