Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

NCFSC - Update & Next Event

Hiya Everyone

Hope you are well and enjoyed the last two events

Thought I’d update you on the last event which was our quiz night, we raised £3500 for the CSF, big thanks to our sponsors Fosters Solicitors who paid all our expenses and to our club who provided auction  & raffle prizes for us and also entered 4 teams.

We had a rest in November but have spent most of Dec and Jan planning out next event which is our most important one, our Mental Health Awareness evening, all the details can be found here

http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/mental-health-awareness-evening-monday-23rd-january-2023/

When we did our first one back in 2017 we had 7 mental health groups and now we have 19 confirmed all of which you can read more about in the link above.

I’m really pleased that Simon Thomas is driving down from his home in Berkshire to join us and that my friend Darren Eadie feels up to discussing his struggles plus we also have Declan Rudd and Alan Neilson who the club have kindly let us have.

It has had loads of publicity, the club who have been brilliant, have run the event on their website

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ncfsc-to-host-mental-health-awareness-evening

The event was also publicised in the EEN here 

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/23257331.darren-eadie-simon-thomas-speak-norwich-city-event/

It’s a free event, all you need is £1 for a strip of raffle tickets, doors open at 6:45pm and it starts at 7:15pm.

Hope some of you can join us, apologies I didnt put it on here earlier, slipped my mind tbh but Im sure most of you have seen it on Facebook and Twitter 

Diane on behalf of the Norwich City Fans Social Club

NCFC MH Evening.jpg

• Like 2

What a brilliant night and turnout it was last night.

19 mental health groups all came and set up with their banners & leaflets

The guests stories were both heartbreaking and inspiring, they were so open and honest.

Stuart & Zoe Webber, Tom Smith & Dan Houlker all came and stayed right to the end, they were really pleased with how many attended amd how many mental health professionals took part 

We also had a raffle for the CSF which raised £225.

Andy Ward from Anglia came to discreetly film snippets which will be on Anglia tv news Wed night.

So an important night, 6 weeks of planning so grateful that we  have such a brilliant volunteers team who worked tirelessly to make sure it went perfectly 

Pictures will all be up on our website tomorrow but heres one of our guests and host

FB_IMG_1674521096695.jpg

• Like 1

Here's all the mental health groups who joined us , collage was made by one of our volunteers

1_20230124_171828_0000.png

If anyone is interested our event is being covered by Anglia tv tonight by Andy Ward in their news just after 6pm 😀

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Norwich City Fans Social Club said:

What a brilliant piece. Anyone who knows me knows that this is a subject very close to my heart, and I'm gutted I couldn't make it. Huge congratulations to NCFSC for organising such a fantastic event.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Fifty & Wolfie 

The feedback we ve got from the mh groups, the club and people who attended has been overwhelming, if the event  only helped a few people that night it makes it so worthwhile 

Have a great weekend everyone

Edited by Diane
  • Thanks 1