Sign in to follow this  
HB1989

Rashica

Just thinking about how good Rashica would be in this team now with the proposed style of football we will be playing under Wagner. 

So frustrating that there isn’t a recall option in the loan agreement. Definitely shouldn’t be looking to sell him in this window, unless it’s for a healthy profit and we use the money to get a defensive midfielder and a winger/wide attacking midfielder in.

5 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Just thinking about how good Rashica would be in this team now with the proposed style of football we will be playing under Wagner. 

So frustrating that there isn’t a recall option in the loan agreement. Definitely shouldn’t be looking to sell him in this window, unless it’s for a healthy profit and we use the money to get a defensive midfielder and a winger/wide attacking midfielder in.

I didn't see any evidence of him being any good under Farke. In fact I'd say Rashica was a massive part of why things went wrong. I think we're better without him anywhere near the team. Hernandez has more end product. 

• Like 1

Recall or not, he doesn't want to be here, so knock that one on the head. 

But yes, he was getting at teams like Liverpool during certain period of games last season, Championship he'd be a handful.  And that's regardless on whether he can produce the final ball or not, I think he's just a live threat for opposition to cope with.... That is a rare commodity in this squad right now.

Very disappointed in him to be honest, and the dis-interest on the field pre/start of the season was a real kick in the teeth.  Doesn't strike me as much of a team player either, think he'd be better in a Smith team that's wanting someone individual to do something, than a more well-oiled team like Farke or Wagner.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Recall or not, he doesn't want to be here, so knock that one on the head. 

But yes, he was getting at teams like Liverpool during certain period of games last season, Championship he'd be a handful.  And that's regardless on whether he can produce the final ball or not, I think he's just a live threat for opposition to cope with.... That is a rare commodity in this squad right now.

Very disappointed in him to be honest, and the dis-interest on the field pre/start of the season was a real kick in the teeth.  Doesn't strike me as much of a team player either, think he'd be better in a Smith team that's wanting someone individual to do something, than a more well-oiled team like Farke or Wagner.

I agree with this completely. He lacks any strategic sense or awareness of what is happening elsewhere on the pitch. Totally unsuited to Farkeball IMO. He could be great at a club playing old-fashioned winger-to-the-byline-cross-the-ball-to-Hugill type football. Otherwise, no.

7 hours ago, Petriix said:

I didn't see any evidence of him being any good under Farke. In fact I'd say Rashica was a massive part of why things went wrong. I think we're better without him anywhere near the team. Hernandez has more end product. 

And Onel has no end product. That says how good Rashica was for us

40 minutes ago, canarycop said:

And Onel has no end product. That says how good Rashica was for us

Based purely on Rashica's performances for us last season (rather than whatever in his stats / highlights reel prompted us to shell out close to if not a club record fee) he is basically Onel without pace ...

• Like 1

If we can raise funds / space on the wage bill with selling  Rashica I suspect the new head coach would encourage the club to give him the funds.