Grumpy

I think I was at the wrong game

I totally agree with mrdi’s post. I suppose the most significant  factor of this game was there was barely any entertainment value. Watfords’s tactics were appalling and I am fed up with Refs who seem to need a minute to set up a free kick. The second half was more or less watched in silence at the River End. I think it is at last sinking in that we don’t have a lot of individual quality and what I find so frustrating is the number of passes made to team mates who are already closely marked and invariably lose possession. Partly due to our weak midfield who cannot creat space in attacking positions. So playing three “strikers” up front, with the smallest in the middle, will get us nowhere. Did we actually have a shot on target today !!! Stuart Webber must take some blame in that he has “pxxxxd” a lot of money up the wall on many mediocre players and we have no winger who can contribute for 90 minutes.I really am very very Grumpy.

41 minutes ago, Well b back said:

According to salary tracker, Ben Gibson and Saar are on the same salary, £2,080,000

Well if so, one out of Watford and us aren’t getting value for money.

2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Having sat through some pretty turgid matches just lately I was really pleased at the way the whole team performed today.It wasn't the usual 20 minute surge at the start and then a capitulation.I thought they defended well and when they lost the ball they seemed to hunt in packs to retrieve it,the two full backs worked hard,Mac stopping a lot of the crosses from his side and linked up well with whoever was on the left and Aarons was back to his old self trying to get beyond their defence.Gibbs had a good game linking defence with some good forward runs and Idah used his strength and pace to good effect.I was a little disappointed in Nunez who doesn't seem to have lived up to expectations as the new 'Buendia',sometimes giving the ball away and not being aware of what is around him. Overall I thought from a Norwich City point of view it was exciting and entertaining and I don't remember the last time I could come away from Carrow Road and say that.
BUT and this is what the post heading relates to.
After taking my seat for the return journey home I got embroiled in an argument with other passengers who thought it was frankly ****e.In fact the guy sitting next to me did side with me and say he had seen much worse in his time as a supporter but I think I was the only person on top of the bus that thought we played with far more conviction and determination than of late.

I think there were a lot of positives I took from the game too. Okay the result wasn’t desired but we worked hard, we pressed a lot higher up the pitch than we had done before and won the ball back earlier than we had done before. 

My main concern after today was that creatively we had very very few solid chances. I feel this was mainly down to either poor pass selection / holding the ball too long and a lack of quality balls when we got into dangerous areas. I think though given better coaching and more time to work on that as a unit it will come good. It’s a shame this season seems to of gone for us now unless we win every game form now till may. 

• Like 2

Someone, whoever, has to decide whether we play to Pukki's strengths, or to Sargent's. We can't continue to play to neither! Until that is resolved (and yes I accept it could mean saying goodbye to the Goat), we will be nearer relegation than promotion.

• Like 4

As posters often say, strange how we read games and individual players so differently.

I thought yesterday's game was one of the worst I have seen for a long, long time. Watford deserve a lot of blame for this, because no matter how many managers they change, they still play the same ugly, cynical, nasty football, with ten guys concentrating on cheating and fouling, while hoping Sarr can produce a moment of magic.

I agree there was more energy from our players, but energy can only take you so far if your players don't seem to know what structure they are playing or perhaps there isn't even a structure.

I also agree with everyone who says that the new manager has a mountain to climb which may be at least as difficult as Everest.

• Like 1