Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

If you can bear it

Great interview with Zimbo about the good old days. In German but your search engine should be able to translate.

You've quickly become a crowd favorite in Norwich. Why actually?

You don't celebrate with the fans after the games and say thank you for the support like in Germany to the same extent in England. Under Farke, we started doing a few rounds after the game to say thank you. That was extremely well received and created a strong bond between the players and the fans. Saying thank you after the game, taking a little time for the fans in front of the stadium, chatting a bit, taking a picture, giving an autograph so that the fans realize that they are part of the whole – I lived that.

https://www.hessenschau.de/sport/fussball/darmstadt-98/christoph-zimmermann-ueber-den-englischen-fussball--und-dann-passierte-etwas-im-stadion-v1,zimmermann-boxing-day-100.html

Zimbo was a true gent and a lovely chap.

Although his command of English was amusing he visited one of my establishments and was doing a speech on education and said the most important subject was "math"

However he ended up telling a room full of 16 year olds the "importance of meth" 

Luckily they just appreciated having a (then) premier league centre back Infront of them so smirking and giggling was kept at a minimum 😅😅😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He could well return and why not ?

Why not indeed!

Brilliant interview from a very intelligent and passionate guy. I loved this bit (talking about that famous Man City game)....................... 

And then something happened in the stadium. I really noticed how people started believing in sensation. How a connection was created between the people in the stands and the players on the pitch. The stadium burned.