Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Right, now it's time to get behind the team

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Most posters on here are great. I really enjoy responding to them.

Then there are a handful of trolls. They are very happy to make snippy little comments trashing other posters' contributions, but ask them to put forward an argument of their own and what do they say? 'Oh, I can't be bothered, darling. Pass me my smoking jacket, will you?'

Even someone like Hoggy, who I argue with all the time, I respect. He isn't a troll. He has his own ideas, puts them forward, and is always willing to debate them.

But the handful who come on here only to initiate squabbles should be ignored. They are the dung beetles of forums like this.

Rolling Sh!t ain't all that bad.....image.jpeg.b6c719fbee8ecd4af09cee405210b6dc.jpeg.....it really isn't y'know!....

8 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Most posters on here are great. I really enjoy responding to them.

Then there are a handful of trolls. They are very happy to make snippy little comments trashing other posters' contributions, but ask them to put forward an argument of their own and what do they say? 'Oh, I can't be bothered, darling. Pass me my smoking jacket, will you?'

Even someone like Hoggy, who I argue with all the time, I respect. He isn't a troll. He has his own ideas, puts them forward, and is always willing to debate them.

But the handful who come on here only to initiate squabbles should be ignored. They are the dung beetles of forums like this.

I presume that’s aimed at me?  I’ve posted here over 18 years and never ever been called a troll. I thought the idea was that it was a place for discussions and people with different views, but it seems not.

In terms of getting behind the team, that surely had to be a no brainer - and should have been all along.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

There was never a time not to get behind the team.

For once Nigel I 100% agree with you. To boo and jeer the players in the last home game was unforgivable and those Yellows that did so should feel very ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I presume that’s aimed at me?  I’ve posted here over 18 years and never ever been called a troll. I thought the idea was that it was a place for discussions and people with different views, but it seems not.

In terms of getting behind the team, that surely had to be a no brainer - and should have been all along.

Our squabbles don't help the forum, so I think it's best if we just ignore each other in future, don't you?

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

For once Nigel I 100% agree with you. To boo and jeer the players in the last home game was unforgivable and those Yellows that did so should feel very ashamed of themselves.

What else can fans do when the club have raised the drawbridge and have no intention of listening to their concerns?

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Our squabbles don't help the forum, so I think it's best if we just ignore each other in future, don't you?

I’ve never ignored any threads/people, but feel free if it suits you. I don’t see any squabbles - surely we all agree we need to back the team and presumably the new manager as well?