Sign in to follow this  
Wishbone

We over I

I’ve never been relegated before, it’s a record I’m proud of and I’ve told the players that. Dean Smith in the Telegraph in April 2022.

This quote always bugged me because of the ego - deflecting any blame or responsibility from (Dean Smith) himself if Norwich were to fail - a case of it won't be my fault, look at my record. It could have been taken out of context but I don't think players want a leader bragging about themselves. They want someone who's words and actions align. Sometimes humility is important. They want someone they can believe in, respect and work hard for. He did take responsibility once we were relegated. However, we all know that Webber has also deflected from his own mistakes and has spoken of injuries and loss of form being main factors for our relegation. He hasn't owned that he didn't bring in the quality of players that Norwich needed at the time. I do imagine people pointing fingers has been hard and the defences are up.

The main problem at Norwich, for me, is division. Board vs journalists. Board vs fans. Fans vs Management. Fans vs players. Success, in Sport, isn't that different other areas of life. Collectives have more energy and power than individuals. Teams prosper in a culture of encouragement and, ultimately, growth. The power of we surpasses that of I.

It's been said on here before that a lot of Norwich fans are tired of the yoyo-ing and of football, in general. I think there's a need for clarity from above, as well. What is the direction and what are the objectives? I think everyone needs to look at themselves to turn this around. To create a we, rather than I. Whether that's with Dean Smith at the helm, we're not so sure...

You dug up a press conference from 6 months ago? That's weird. It was just a statement of fact.

"I don't think players want a leader bragging about themselves." You must've missed all those times Lambert told us about his time at B Dortmund.

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You dug up a press conference from 6 months ago? That's weird. It was just a statement of fact.

"I don't think players want a leader bragging about themselves." You must've missed all those times Lambert told us about his time at B Dortmund.

It's a mindset. How many things have posters found to whinge about just today. I get that we don't look like promotion candidates so far. But if you read the "whinging" in the close season posters didn't want promotion anyway. So at least those 52 should be happy. But it appears not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's a mindset. How many things have posters found to whinge about just today. I get that we don't look like promotion candidates so far. But if you read the "whinging" in the close season posters didn't want promotion anyway. So at least those 52 should be happy. But it appears not.

Out of curiosity, I looked at bet 365 and they're offering 2.62 to 1 on Norwich being promoted at the moment.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Out of curiosity, I looked at bet 365 and they're offering 2.62 to 1 on Norwich being promoted at the moment.

13/8 in old money 🙃

It's to finish bottom where the serious money is to be made..

Screenshot_2022-11-15-19-53-05-67_875a1ca781d4e761f0c51523b2fb9a8d.thumb.jpg.e0997e5cf4b4005e6dc3557aef7dd00c.jpg

• Haha 1