Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Saints sack Ralf

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Nathan Jones seems an odd choice, has done very well at Luton but failed with Stoke. Though Michael O'Neill and Alex Neil didn't fair much better.

I wouldn't want Nathan Jones here for that matter. 

If Saints want to benchmark a Championship manager for the job they'd be better off speaking to Smith or Kompany. 

I'm not sure if anyone watched the Southampton Newcastle game, but thought Southampton played quite well. They lacked anyone who could shoot though, and Newcastle were clinical. So I struggle to see anyone getting an improvement out of Southampton.

5 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Whats the betting they get Knutsen and we watch on as he does wonders?  Jones is a red herring I think.

The odd thing is that there’s been any number of managerial vacancies across the PL, EFL and Europe over the last year, yet Knutsen is still where he was.  If he were that obvious a choice, you have to wonder why no one has tempted him away…and if they’ve tried and failed, why on earth we’d have managed to nab him.  

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

The odd thing is that there’s been any number of managerial vacancies across the PL, EFL and Europe over the last year, yet Knutsen is still where he was.  If he were that obvious a choice, you have to wonder why no one has tempted him away…and if they’ve tried and failed, why on earth we’d have managed to nab him.  

Does seem strange that apart from a brief mention to replace Potter at Brighton, he is never linked with anyone apart from us.