Sign in to follow this  
Tony DaWonderful

and now you're gonna believe us!

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh please just shut the f**k up you tedious morons. It was a bad game. Where were you wastes of space in the nine game unbeaten run? Still calling for sackings. Why are you people all so utterly inadequate that you have nothing better to do than to call for managers to be sacked all of the time? Get a life ffs. 

If he gets sacked, I hope we go down to league 1 so maybe some of you useless moaners lose interest. 

I mean eh?

You want us relegated to League One just give you a bit of pleasure on an online forum. Wow!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh please just shut the f**k up you tedious morons. It was a bad game. Where were you wastes of space in the nine game unbeaten run? Still calling for sackings. Why are you people all so utterly inadequate that you have nothing better to do than to call for managers to be sacked all of the time? Get a life ffs. 

If he gets sacked, I hope we go down to league 1 so maybe some of you useless moaners lose interest. 

This is a message board in case you hadn't realised, which basically means we are allowed to post how we feel about our wonderful (yet poorly managed) club.

I was calling for him to go during our lucky run. So when is enough enough for you with your mate Smith?...bottom half....bottom 3? When is it acceptable for us to want him to go exactly?

Hardly inadequate to have an opinion is it really? Oh and I have a great life thank you.

If Dean Smith stays in charge you will get your wish of League 1 football and then you'll be happy won't you...lots to post about then...

Its also rather churlish to questions someones level of support for our club ever!!...for better or worse we will always follow the boys in green and yellow..just preferably without Dean 'clueless' Smith yeah!

So in future my angry Dean Smith loving friend less personal posting and more constructive reasoning of why he's doing a great job....which he isn't!

Edited by Tony DaWonderful

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

W3ll moaning and destabilising isn't f**king helping is it? Jesus. I'm out. Seriously. Sack him. Whatever. Same old same old. 

It's all you f**king go on about every f**king week. Anybody but whoever the f**k the manager is at the time. 

It seems like a major player in the Militant Smith Collective has had a bit of a meltdown. 

On 18/10/2022 at 23:13, hogesar said:

No, but then I can't say I'm surprised you're still struggling to understand how it works.

I just got this from the BBC website for the Canada v Belgium game  -

Canada are almost two goals ahead in the xG stakes.

They're only 0.33 for the second half - which is still considerably better than Belgium's 0.06

I understand now.

xG means absolutely jack.

44 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I just got this from the BBC website for the Canada v Belgium game  -

Canada are almost two goals ahead in the xG stakes.

They're only 0.33 for the second half - which is still considerably better than Belgium's 0.06

I understand now.

xG means absolutely jack.

The fact that's what you take from it is eye-opening enough.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The fact that's what you take from it is eye-opening enough.

Leave it, he really isn’t worth it.

7 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Neither is xG

Well, someone thinks it is. They put a lot of resource in calculating it. But I bow to your and TVB’s expertise in this area.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Well, someone thinks it is. They put a lot of resource in calculating it. But I bow to your and TVB’s expertise in this area.

Yes it's the bookies. I f you rely on them you're going to be a poor man.

1 minute ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Oh and just FYI.

I was promoting a Moneyball approach when you "cool" kids were saying I didn't know what I was talking about.

Just saying.

So stats are good but only the good ones. The bad ones are bad?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes it's the bookies. I f you rely on them you're going to be a poor man.

I just don’t know any more, although I do know not to try and make money from bookies. What I do know is this whole xG meme on here is very, very dull.

Edited by Nuff Said

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I just don’t know any more, although I do know it to try and make money from bookies. What I do know is this whole xG meme on here is very, very dull.

XG is about making bookies money. Moneyball is about making the best you have from limited resources,

29 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

XG is about making bookies money. Moneyball is about making the best you have from limited resources,

Exactly, and it worked. Because xG was able to identify likelihood of results beyond just table positioning, where previously xG was used to make money out of bookies. Before the bookies took on xG stats, those involved in xG were able to make serious money out of identifying value from odds where others couldn't.

• Like 1