Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Anyone else stressed?

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Finally made it into the house last fri. Bed frame didn't turn up and wardrobe is like trying to solve some kind of cryptogram puzzle but in the house and getting sorted now. Finally starting to be able to relax a bit 😊

Don't forget to stick a beer in the fridge

• Like 1

Talking of stress, and its easy to do on somewhere like this under a blanket. I am at breaking point, with a wife who herself is also at breaking point. 

2 kids, 1 and 4, who I am completely and utterly petrified about their future or lack of. No money halfway through the month, EVERY month. The missus needed a doctors appointment today, to be told no appointments and to go to a and e. Shes on the verge of a mental bloody breakdown. Shes been scratching herself so much, which I can only understand would be through stress, shes making herself bleed. I work 10/11 hours a day, am exhausted, mentally, physically and emotianly.

I can't see this country sorting itself out for a long while.

AHHHHH rant over. Had to offload. apologies.

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, wesforprimeminister said:

Talking of stress, and its easy to do on somewhere like this under a blanket. I am at breaking point, with a wife who herself is also at breaking point. 

2 kids, 1 and 4, who I am completely and utterly petrified about their future or lack of. No money halfway through the month, EVERY month. The missus needed a doctors appointment today, to be told no appointments and to go to a and e. Shes on the verge of a mental bloody breakdown. Shes been scratching herself so much, which I can only understand would be through stress, shes making herself bleed. I work 10/11 hours a day, am exhausted, mentally, physically and emotianly.

I can't see this country sorting itself out for a long while.

AHHHHH rant over. Had to offload. apologies.

Gosh Wes, you're having it tough. I think it's good to offload too because although it's an anonymous online forum, you probably know (hope you do) that there are dozens of friendly, supportive people here who would empathise with your position. In writing stuff too I believe you literally put it on 'paper' and less of it flies back and forth round your mind. No need to apologise either.

Difficult to know what to say other than to acknowledge how tough life feels. Having such young children too is stressful enough. Many will attest to that. At those ages, demands are massive with one being more unconscious and the other exploring every possible thing with bundles of energy that sap you as a dad or mum.

I can only say what my feeling tells me and that might be to try and take each little moment with the children as life happening, minute by minute, as it were. To try and enjoy the chaos they inevitably bring. When you sometimes feel pressed down with responsibility you might be excused for thinking family are another pressure that is having an overall negative effect. So, concentrating just on what needs to be done minute by minute can help not being so overwhelmed. Your wife is feeling it too. If you are able to grab even a moment when they're in bed just to do something you both really enjoy, whether a film or something nice to eat? Even if only half an hour? Or someone babysits for a short time?

Sounds like you both need a break, even a mini holiday from it all. To reset.

Your wife scratching does seem like something she is able to do (in other words, she is in control of it, where everything else feels so out of control). I guess it's trying to find something else to do instead, less harmful. 

Anyway, I don't have solutions but I'm simply trying to be supportive (from a keyboard). There are great local resources these days (but every area is different) like community centres and third sector organisations that provide family support, budgeting advice etc.

I hope your situation is a phase that starts to improve soon. I know I speak for everyone in that hope.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Gosh Wes, you're having it tough. I think it's good to offload too because although it's an anonymous online forum, you probably know (hope you do) that there are dozens of friendly, supportive people here who would empathise with your position. In writing stuff too I believe you literally put it on 'paper' and less of it flies back and forth round your mind. No need to apologise either.

Difficult to know what to say other than to acknowledge how tough life feels. Having such young children too is stressful enough. Many will attest to that. At those ages, demands are massive with one being more unconscious and the other exploring every possible thing with bundles of energy that sap you as a dad or mum.

I can only say what my feeling tells me and that might be to try and take each little moment with the children as life happening, minute by minute, as it were. To try and enjoy the chaos they inevitably bring. When you sometimes feel pressed down with responsibility you might be excused for thinking family are another pressure that is having an overall negative effect. So, concentrating just on what needs to be done minute by minute can help not being so overwhelmed. Your wife is feeling it too. If you are able to grab even a moment when they're in bed just to do something you both really enjoy, whether a film or something nice to eat? Even if only half an hour? Or someone babysits for a short time?

Sounds like you both need a break, even a mini holiday from it all. To reset.

Your wife scratching does seem like something she is able to do (in other words, she is in control of it, where everything else feels so out of control). I guess it's trying to find something else to do instead, less harmful. 

Anyway, I don't have solutions but I'm simply trying to be supportive (from a keyboard). There are great local resources these days (but every area is different) like community centres and third sector organisations that provide family support, budgeting advice etc.

I hope your situation is a phase that starts to improve soon. I know I speak for everyone in that hope.

Means alot. Thank you