Canary dwarf

Deanos biggest game

4 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Lightning struck twice for Smith and Jones in Paul Lambert/Grant Holt followed by Daniel Farke/Teemu Pukki.....

Those odds were long enough so what chance of it happening for them again? Virtually zero is the answer to that so get used to being a mid table Champs set up until things radically change in the Boardroom..

Tripe! So much luck. Unbelievable really.

That is, in fact,  a binner argument, and often used. The better team were unlucky to lose that game 3-0 ... remember?

NCFC's various successes and complete dominance over them for such a prolonged period is frequently attributed to "luck" by the immature and ill-informed tractor boy and girl. Churlish and childish.

Good situations, good vibes, good running and good support lead to good luck. It doesn't happen time and time again by chance. 'You makes yer own,' as they say.

By the same token, ITFC's continued failures since even before Evans took over can be attributed to bad luck, I suppose? My theory is that there's something in the water in darkest Suffolk, as nothing they ever try works out well for them any more. 

How's about their so-called 'golden' period, then? By the same token, one has to ask where the 'Boys from the Backwater' would be today if they hadn't had the luck to stumble upon Robson when they did. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Tripe! So much luck. Unbelievable really.

That is, in fact,  a binner argument, and often used. The better team were unlucky to lose that game 3-0 ... remember?

NCFC's various successes and complete dominance over them for such a prolonged period is frequently attributed to "luck" by the immature and ill-informed tractor boy and girl. Churlish and childish.

Good situations, good vibes, good running and good support lead to good luck. It doesn't happen time and time again by chance. 'You makes yer own,' as they say.

By the same token, ITFC's continued failures since even before Evans took over can be attributed to bad luck, I suppose? My theory is that there's something in the water in darkest Suffolk, as nothing they ever try works out well for them any more. 

How's about their so-called 'golden' period, then? By the same token, one has to ask where the 'Boys from the Backwater' would be today if they hadn't had the luck to stumble upon Robson when they did. 

Seems like you are the one obsessed with Ipswich.

I was talking about my team.... Norwich City.

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2022 at 11:18, Pugin said:

Dean has 10 years of managerial achievement behind him. 10 YEARS!!! As if one early season game could make any difference to the perception of him as an excellent manager. Crazy!

Didn't Brentfords league positions get progressively worse under Smith? 

5th, 8th, 10th.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Didn't Brentfords league positions get progressively worse under Smith? 

5th, 8th, 10th.

No. They finished 5th in the season before he arrived. Then they finished 9th, 10th, 9th in his three seasons there, so at least you can say he was consistent. The following season they finished 11th. And then 3rd, 3rd (PR).

47 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Seems like you are the one obsessed with Ipswich.

I was talking about my team.... Norwich City.

Silly me then?

I always assumed supporting a football club entailed enjoying the positives rather than constantly seeking the negatives.

Incidently, that's the first time that I recall a poster on this forum describing our successes under both Lambert and Farke as due to "luck."

A lot of us would prefer a change at the top after all these years of Delia Smith, but give credit where it's due.

Stating that it was "lightening striking twice" for our owners (club) is binner talk and nonsense to boot.

Edited by BroadstairsR