Sign in to follow this  
Garibaldi94

Pub in Cambridge Saturday

Does anyone know a pub in Cambridge that will show the match Saturday? Have to be there for a family commitment but desperate to see the wigan game, don’t know the city well and only getting in that morning so won’t have long to hunt about.

Just wondered if there was any Cambridge based canaries that could help?

2 minutes ago, Garibaldi94 said:

Does anyone know a pub in Cambridge that will show the match Saturday? Have to be there for a family commitment but desperate to see the wigan game, don’t know the city well and only getting in that morning so won’t have long to hunt about.

@cambridgeshire canary one for you . 

Good luck finding one - I think there’s a PL match on at the same time (Fulham v Liverpool), so most pubs would probable be showing that, if anything - seems many don’t show footy any more after Sky changed the licenses.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

The Thread makers arms ? 

Very clever, but don't upset him, he's a bit touchy today. 

22 minutes ago, Garibaldi94 said:

White Swan on Mill Road probably the best shout - they tend to show a mix of games and will be less busy with students at the mo.

Short walk from the Station. Not bad no frills pub grub

Hard being an exile as less likely to show the non-prem games outside of The Fine City

2 hours ago, Fifty said:

White Swan on Mill Road probably the best shout - they tend to show a mix of games and will be less busy with students at the mo.

Not being from Cambridge and having visited once I've googled sports bars Cambridge and then trying to visit the individual pubs webpages and not come up with anything. Some just don't mention games being shown or details etc

The White Swan is probably a good shout if you don't find anything else. Strangely their website for what's showing directs you the facebook page, but the last time they posted on that what they were showing(3 games around the same time) was in February. Give em a phone.

Edited by KiwiScot

2 hours ago, Fifty said:

Short walk from the Station. Not bad no frills pub grub

Hard being an exile as less likely to show the non-prem games outside of The Fine City

Thanks will give it a look on the day! 

2 hours ago, Garibaldi94 said:

Thanks will give it a look on the day! 

I should say no guarantees. I went to watch one of the games last season and no luck as it was 6 nations and full of students watching that - hence my comment.

But I think it’s the best of admittedly not great options who might show and have enough TVs to change the channel for 1 if you ask nicely.