CANARYKING

Where does the money go ?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Commercial money is part of Football. Great then that we make good use of the premises on non match day. Is it so great that we sell a large quantity of shirts made in Asian sweatshops?

Oh dear, oh dear , I have common ground with Ethics. Though I hope the Club ( always worth an email enquiry eh ethics?) will have ensured they are not made  under dodgy conditions, jerseys, as they stand , represent one of the biggest rip offs in footy. Why not a decent organic, sustainably sourced cotton version of a Classic Y&G , which would be comfortable and non stinky to wear for a whole  day.  

• Like 1

I think the real question is: given that we spent £100m, how can we have performed so badly and apparently have such a poor squad?

It's not 'where did the money go?' but 'why did so much money go on such rubbish?'. Personally, I'd prefer it if we spent less and kept more in reserve. More low risk, higher reward signings and more chances for young players. 

9 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I think the real question is: given that we spent £100m, how can we have performed so badly and apparently have such a poor squad?

It's not 'where did the money go?' but 'why did so much money go on such rubbish?'. Personally, I'd prefer it if we spent less and kept more in reserve. More low risk, higher reward signings and more chances for young players. 

Absolutely. If our wage bill last year was £20 million, we may have stood no chance of staying up but we may still have got 20 points and would have held more money back for another stab.

After selling Buendia there was too much money burning a hole in the pocket too late in the day. But this is money management Norwich style, it is all cash flow rather than resource management.

Yup. We have got to the point in the silly season where people who complained we didn't spend enough money are now saying we spent too much money.

In a thread essentially asking who trousered the money...

• Like 1