CANARYKING

Where does the money go ?

27,000 every home game, lots of hospitality and restaurant cash, club shop always packed, PLUS millions of tv and parachute money, yet we are always pleading poverty. Some of our players must be seriously over paid !

😀

Where's the money go?

It's in the accounts.

Yeah, but where does the money really go??

It's in the legal, signed off accounts.

I bet Delia siphons it off and fills her hambag with used oncers?!

No, it's all written down in the accounts by a professional accountancy firm.

I don't believe the accounts, surely someone's pocketing the cash!!

Nobody cares what you think, sod off.

Repeat ad nauseum, year on year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What exactly does that tell us then other than the Club spends a heap of money on wages but gives no helpful analysis of same?

It's in the accounts.😉

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's in the accounts.😉

The share offer document of 20 years ago gives us far more helpful information re trading activities etc. 

Why have we gone backwards in this respect in 20 years?

I've been told by a very reliable source that if you go to the shop and use the special code word they give wads of cash that they've got left over at the end of the season.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are aware players get paid tens of thousands a week? And there are hundreds of staff working at the club who have to get paid evey month? And that its not free to run a stadium?

Probably a handful less at the mo'...... 😉 

27 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its all written down on the back of a fag packet.

image.jpeg.49bfeb838d679a347dcf81fa232ca97b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You are aware players get paid tens of thousands a week? And there are hundreds of staff working at the club who have to get paid evey month? And that its not free to run a stadium?

Is this exclusive to Norwich City then ?

This is rather daft. It’s pretty obvious where the vast majority of the money goes - player salaries.
When you have c20 people earning an average person’s annual salary each week, money doesn’t last long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is this exclusive to Norwich City then ?

If you read some of the threads on finance that were on here you would know that other clubs pay wages as well! 😀

• Like 2

As a Public Limited Company, subject to all the associated regulation, with shareholders, an AGM and audited by a certified accountant, the idea that someone is syphoning off bucket loads of cash is a bit of a stretch to say the least. 

tl;dr: it’s in the accounts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

27,000 every home game, lots of hospitality and restaurant cash, club shop always packed, PLUS millions of tv and parachute money, yet we are always pleading poverty. Some of our players must be seriously over paid! 

Football in general relies on the goodwill of benefactors to survive. We don't have a benefactor. Perhaps the most extraordinary statistic I've heard recently is that Roman Abramovich put £1m a week of 'his own' money into Chelsea for 19 years. 

As for the lack of information in the accounts, what is it that people want? The accounts as they stand are legal and what I'd expect to see from a company the size of Norwich City. I assume people want to see a list of how much each player earned which is frankly just being nosey. 

22 minutes ago, Badger said:

If you read some of the threads on finance that were on here you would know that other clubs pay wages as well! 😀

Thanks for that. I'd never have guessed. 😄

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thanks for that. I'd never have guessed. 😄

Yes after many hours of detailed, nay forensic, investigation, I discovered this and wanted to share my revelation with the world! 😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Football in general relies on the goodwill of benefactors to survive. We don't have a benefactor. Perhaps the most extraordinary statistic I've heard recently is that Roman Abramovich put £1m a week of 'his own' money into Chelsea for 19 years. 

As for the lack of information in the accounts, what is it that people want? The accounts as they stand are legal and what I'd expect to see from a company the size of Norwich City. I assume people want to see a list of how much each player earned which is frankly just being nosey. 

It would be helpful to know what the Salary breakdown is for staff groups such as  the first team squad, the u23 squad, players loaned to other clubs, football coaching staff, commercial and catering staff, admin staff etc.

I cant believe fans that have been on here, or following football for years and years,  would need to ask the question where money goes in football. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As a Public Limited Company, subject to all the associated regulation, with shareholders, an AGM and audited by a certified accountant, the idea that someone is syphoning off bucket loads of cash is a bit of a stretch to say the least. 

When information is in the public domain about a certain couple setting up a Charity and engaging in mountain climbing, the Club has only got itself to blame if people get the wrong idea.

Just now, essex canary said:

When information is in the public domain about a certain couple setting up a Charity and engaging in mountain climbing, the Club has only got itself to blame if people get the wrong idea.

That’s interesting, you seem to be alleging fraud.