33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Remember when the Turners came on board and left pretty sharpish afterwards. They carried out a rank and file review of the internal mechanisms at Carrow road and what they reported did not sit comfortably with the majority shareholders.

Root and branch I believe they called it. How long ago was that?

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

Root and branch I believe they called it. How long ago was that?

They resigned in 2008. How time flies, eh?!? 

8 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They resigned in 2008. How time flies, eh?!? 

The bottom line is they did not see eye to eye with the owners over matters but no doubt their departure will be explained away by some as the financial crisis which Central Trust and the rest of the world suffered from. They however still retain their 5000 shares to this day.and even in 2008 D&M had owned their dolls house for a decade.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The bottom line is they did not see eye to eye with the owners over matters but no doubt their departure will be explained away by some as the financial crisis which Central Trust and the rest of the world suffered from. They however still retain their 5000 shares to this day.and even in 2008 D&M had owned their dolls house for a decade.

I’m just a bit unsure what relevance it has to now? Are you insinuating that there have been no changes in the intervening 14 years?

As for the Turners, I’m sure (know) the financial crisis had a serious impact on them, I seem to remember at the time that there was some sort of agreement for them to put further funds in which they then didn’t? One explanation was that the crisis meant that they couldn’t commit the funds, another was that they were shocked at the way money just goes up in smoke in football and weren’t willing to bung any more on the fire. How amicable the parting was is open for debate, have the Turners ever been back to Carrow Road since? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ed Balls was certainly a useful person to have on board and it was a shame he decided to leave and there is no point in having just anybody as chairman - perhaps Ed will come back in at some point.

Some people seem to think that Boris Johnson is the only person capable of being Prime Minister despite the fact there are up to 40 million potential alternatives. On that basis, given that there are probably only 40,000 alternatives for NCFC Chairperson maybe it is reasonable to wait until Ed can spare the time?

Edited by essex canary