If I were Dean Smith, I would want this season over and done with so that I could hit the ground running in the Championship next season, bring in a few of his own players this season and gain some momentum. I can only assume he took the job for the chance to build something over the next few years. Survival was always unlikely without any major investment in January.

I can see what he's tried to do, but it's damage limitation in the PL. It should be a different story in the Championship and he deserves a fair crack at the whip. We'll be the big fish in the pond and he should be able to show us what he's about.

This season has been anything but fair for him - the squad desperately lacks quality and, despite his best efforts to keep us solid at the back, our players are literally giving the ball away inside our penalty area. 

• Like 1

I think we should get Mike Bassett back. 

He helped us win the Mr Clutch Cup before and also took England to the World Cup semi's.

Anyone else noticed that he looks just like Ricky Tomlinson as well?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Petriix said:

I've not seen any improvement over what Farke offered. Sacking him was an extremely arrogant move by Webber - doubling down on his awful transfer business suggesting that a different manager would be able to get more out of the same group of players. We can all see the results. 

Somebody had to “carry the can” for the inept displays of the season, and as his “Times” interview and yesterdays spat with supporters shows, it “ain’t going to be Webber”.

Its frustrating as supporters to see our club at the base of a league, playing.....bad(?) Football, not scoring etc. Whis to blame??? No one, everyone? In that I mean.....

The owners haven't the pockets deep enough to keep us afloat in the prem. 

The new manager wasnt (i believe) first choice - a more knee jerk reaction to Daniel going.

Sporting director is AWOL/passing buck whichever way we look.

I'm not a smith fan but, he needs time to build something. His style, let see how the champs go by Christmas. 

Webber.....if he goes it shows the top dont know what's going on in the club.

Delia.......let someone in who wants to invest!! Please. Its lovely having a 'family' club but where/when has this gotta go before it goes wrong (even more so) when the parachute payments run out....

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

He will rightly be given a chance next season but will need to get us going quickly - fans rightly loved Farke (although note some of those wanting rid of Smith already are the same people I regularly argued with in defence of Farke in his first season) and after our first relegation under him, he was still adored by the majority of fans.

Smith has had no emotional connection with the fans which is hardly surprising as he's come in midway trying to fire fight a relegation.

Hopefully with his own identity on the team and significant results this will all change.

P.S - today was as much of a Farke prem performance as any. Was it worth getting rid to finish bottom anyway?

Farke fits our self funding model and he loved it here. Best coach/manager we've ever had. Everything achieved on a shoestring budget. That was a really short sighted decision to sack him. But Smith has to be given a chance to build his own squad. For the record...I'd get Farke back because some of the people on here should now realise that Farke wasn't the problem all along 🤔 

Edited by tea total
  • Like 1