Sign in to follow this  
raunds canary

Train problems yesterday

Just wondered if anyone else on here had the same experience on the train back from Manchester Piccadilly as me and my son. The 18.42 train back to Norwich was like sardines all the way back to Sheffield with Tempers frayed . Never seen scenes like it before. 

I would have thought that the much commented on rail works that effected the Liverpool and citeh fans travel to the capital for the cup semi final would have also had the same effect on trains traveling the other way. 

It’s always a good idea to wait a while before getting trains home if you can, the first ones post-game from/to anywhere can be a bit stupid. 

4 hours ago, raunds canary said:

Just wondered if anyone else on here had the same experience on the train back from Manchester Piccadilly as me and my son. The 18.42 train back to Norwich was like sardines all the way back to Sheffield with Tempers frayed . Never seen scenes like it before. 

Welcome to my world.  The Manchester to Sheffield line is invariably packed to the ginnels  at rush hour times (5 to 7), so would imagine a bank holiday is no different, football or not.  Less than 40 miles but lucky if it takes less than an hour amd you stand all the way.

You have heard about levelling up haven't you?  As with other promises to improve rail infrastructure in the North, it has been postponed again and that route has been crying out for investment for as long as I've lived in Sheffield (40 years nearly).  It's another reason I retired early. I could go on but I'd end up sounding like a bitter northerner!  😄

Edited by shefcanary

52 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Welcome to my world.  The Manchester to Sheffield line is invariably packed to the ginnels  at rush hour times (5 to 7), so would imagine a bank holiday is no different, football or not.  Less than 40 miles but lucky if it takes less than an hour amd you stand all the way.

You have heard about levelling up haven't you?  As with other promises to improve rail infrastructure in the North, it has been postponed again and that route has been crying out for investment for as long as I've lived in Sheffield (40 years nearly).  It's another reason I retired early. I could go on but I'd end up sounding like a bitter northerner!  😄

Don't worry, you'll be part of the northern powerhouse any day now...