lake district canary

Time to get on board again

Its quite clear we are down but id still want us to fight and we stand a decent chance against Burnley if we turn up.

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You see what you want to see, you think what you want to think, so please let me to do the same. My comments are for anyone and everyone who looks in on here, not just regular match goers.  ALL Norwich supporters EVERYWHERE have an interest in what we do. 

This season isn't done yet.  We all  get p***d off and frustrated that we aren't doing better, but whether you go to matches or just watch online, we can all understand that it can improve.  The alternative is to always be thinking things are going to be terrible, well if you want to go through the season thinking that, then that is up to you, but for me - and quite a few others - the next game is an opportunity to improve and that is what I will be looking for against Burnley - and we take it from there.

I know I'll not persuade you, you appear too set in your ways, but at least try and understand my point of view rather than dismiss it as some kind of game. The next game is important. It offers the chance for three points. It takes us up level on points with Burnley and it puts us a bit closer to the rest and give us a bit of hope, if not for survival, then a bit of self respect.  So come on!!!

You don't have a point of view;

You don't having anything tangible, no rationale but let's be honest you can't bring anything tangible or any rationale because you don't watch us play.

Saying "This is winnable" every Wednesday and "We could have won that with abit more luck" on a Sunday isn't having an opinion, it's blind faith.

You're mentality has been wrong 26 times this season, yet your questioning my mindset, have a day off.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I've seen every single minute of every game bar two this season. 

Your even more of a clown than I give you credit for then.

I'm with Lakey. Anyone can come in here and continually state the obvious. You don't have to be Einstein to see that we haven't been good enough all season. But each game day is a new challenge. And a chance to get a result. So it seems to me that you either say we will lose and then get all indignant when we do lose or you inject some positivity and try to talk up a win.

I honestly think a lot of the anger today is because people said we'd lose and we didn't.

58 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm with Lakey. Anyone can come in here and continually state the obvious. You don't have to be Einstein to see that we haven't been good enough all season. But each game day is a new challenge. And a chance to get a result. So it seems to me that you either say we will lose and then get all indignant when we do lose or you inject some positivity and try to talk up a win.

I honestly think a lot of the anger today is because people said we'd lose and we didn't.

So give us some reasons why were going to get a result then, (I'm not saying we're not by the way) but the constant scream of 'this is winnable' is futile.

Do Burnley have men out? Do we have men back? are we using a tactic that's likely to help? Are Burnley suddenly trying to be a football team? Or do you have nothing other than blind faith?

For me, even though Burnley are poorly placed, this is one of our tougher games, against a team who bully us and a team who will have previously easily took care of Teemu.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

So give us some reasons why were going to get a result then, (I'm not saying we're not by the way) but the constant scream of 'this is winnable' is futile.

Do Burnley have men out? Do we have men back? are we using a tactic that's likely to help? Are Burnley suddenly trying to be a football team? Or do you have nothing other than blind faith?

For me, even though Burnley are poorly placed, this is one of our tougher games, against a team who bully us and a team who will have previously easily took care of Teemu.

Its still winnable though 😇👍😉

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I can't give you reasons. I'm not deluded. But we kept a clean sheet yesterday and that's something to build on. I am not giving up and will go there and give it my best from the stands. Surely thats better than crying all week how we're going to lose and then crying some more if we do.

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't give you reasons. I'm not deluded. But we kept a clean sheet yesterday and that's something to build on. I am not giving up and will go there and give it my best from the stands. Surely thats better than crying all week how we're going to lose and then crying some more if we do.

Expected more from you buddy.

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Expected more from you buddy.

You'll only get honesty from me.

Bearing that in mind was a point and a clean sheet more than you expected.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Hi Nutty,

I can't agree with the above.

I think those that are angry on here are feeling that way simply because we are so totally crap; it's not just about the Brighton game in isolation. Another sub-30 Premier League points score beckons - that's abject.

All we can hope for now is that the team 'play for the shirt' and maybe get a couple more wins before this season is buried 6 foot under. You recently mentioned you take your granddaughter with you to some games so it would nice for her to see another win. As awful as we were yesterday, I thought they all tried their best - we're just crap. Simples.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hi Nutty,

I can't agree with the above.

I think those that are angry on here are feeling that way simply because we are so totally crap; it's not just about the Brighton game in isolation. Another sub-30 Premier League points score beckons - that's abject.

All we can hope for now is that the team 'play for the shirt' and maybe get a couple more wins before this season is buried 6 foot under. You recently mentioned you take your granddaughter with you to some games so it would nice for her to see another win. As awful as we were yesterday, I thought they all tried their best - we're just crap. Simples.

OTBC

Exactly. Considering how crap we've been nobody in their right mind could have expected more than they got this week. At least they fought and in that respect wasn't a no show.

Let's hope we build on it next week. There's nothing else to hope is there? Unless it's hoping we keep losing til the end of the season.

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You'll only get honesty from me.

Bearing that in mind was a point and a clean sheet more than you expected.

Likewise, but some of you can't handle the truth.

Before you assume what I expected, I thought they'd struggle to score yesterday, because that's what football/stats tell us - not blind faith.

However that doesn't mean that we played well, them statistics from yesterday's game are embarrassing.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Likewise, but some of you can't handle the truth.

Before you assume what I expected, I thought they'd struggle to score yesterday, because that's what football/stats tell us - not blind faith.

However that doesn't mean that we played well, them statistics from yesterday's game are embarrassing.

There are some who can't handle the truth for sure buddy.

What you thought and what the stats said was a very reasonable expectation. So 0-0 was about as good as could reasonably be expected. We don't have to like it bt it's where we are at.