Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

Worthy out debate.For me it is about the grass being greener..

My main reason for wanting a change of manager at our club is that i beleive that there is a very good chance that the grass is greener on the other side.

I think NW has certain qualities as a manager but he is lacking in other areas and has tendencies that are annoying and frustrating to the fans.

I think that there are managers out there who we could attract who could do a better job than NW. I look at how well Wigan and Wham have done this season in the Premiership, buy showing no fear and going out to attack teams and i have realised that NW is not the man to take us forward no matter what his abilities in the Championship may be. If we were to get promoted can you honestly ever see us doing what Wham and Wigan have done? I can''t see us doing this under NW, going out and attacking teams with a bit of a cavalier attitude, it simply is not what NW beleives in. If we got promoted we would be more likely to perform like Sunderland than Wham or Wigan.

NW is not the man to lead us forward because he would not be a big success in the Premiership, in fact if we did get promoted again under him i would not be very optimistic about staying up.

When i look at for example what Boothroyd has done at Watford and what Newell has done at Luton it just convinces me even more that we could do better than NW. The majority of our players you would pick over most of Lutons and Watfords, neither side has strikers of Earnshaw or Mckenzies calibre, nor a player who can win games single handedly in that we have in Hux, do they have a midfielder of Safri''s ability, a goalie as good as Green or a left back as good as Drury? No, they don''t and look what Newell and Boothroyd have achieved, and the football that they play.

It makes me think well if they can do what they have done with average players what on earth could they achieve with our squad?

That is what gets me and makes me want a change in management, we will not fullfill our potencial under NW and we should replace him with either Boothroyd, Newell or maybe that chap Parkinson at Colchester.

Only read half the first post so I only want to comment on that.

I thought that we were too gung ho in the premier league. We failed to build out way into matches and were all too often chasing the game...something we have yet to really get out of our system. 0-0 at half time is generally a good score for Norwich.

[quote user="norwich supporter1"]Duke, whos to say Newell, Boothroyd or Parkinson would want to come? All three are havin great seasons with their clubs.[/quote]

Boothroyd, NO he wouldnt, got too much going on at watford.

Parkinson YES we get 20,000 more fans than colchester, have cash and are a step up the management tree

Newell YES he even spoke to Leicester altho decided against it, and we are a far bettter proposition

People seem to forget the squad, fanbase and money we have to offer a potential manager.  hence why it is so annoying we are doing so poorly now...

It''s been Parkinson for me for months now and why wouldn''t Norwich attract such a Manager?

Apart from Worthy the tethered right wing billy goat would certainly be put out at missing out on some greener grass.

Your right, who is to say that Newell, Boothroyd or Parkinson would want to come here.

Boothroyd won''t be offered the job, because the board would have to eat humble pie and admit they were wrong to let him go in the first place.

Parkinson might, it depends on whether Colchester get promoted, and how ambitious he is.

Newell, i beleive would come here if Luton don''t get promoted. He is very ambitous, and knows that he could take us alot further than he could Luton. Sure, he is a former Luton player and that may mean something to him, but why did he go for interviews for the Leceister job? yes, he turned them down but Leceister are poor, and he would probably stand a better chance of getting promotion with Luton than he would them. But if he was offered the Norwich job it would be dangling a very tasty carrot in front of him and i think he would struggle to turn it down.

"The grass is greener" is a warning, not a promise. Did anyone else see the lead-up to the Bolton game on 5 last night? They showed the footballing infrastructure than Big Sam and his board have invested in, and use to good effect. This is what I think is important to take the Club forward, investing more in the coaching, in a wider sense of physical and psychological fitness as well as footballing technique. In order to do that you need a manager who understands the importance of it, and has the imagination to keep pushing the boundaries. It''s no longer enough to get a manager who can fire up the players, makes good tactical calls, and does smart transfer business (although those are still vital). To me, the Bolton model is more appealing than the Charlton model. Having all these bells and whistles not only improves Bolton''s existing players, but it helps attract high-quality new ones. But you need to get the right guy at the top - as I''ve said before, the important thing is not getting Worthy out, but getting Mr. Right in. We''ve had 10 years or so of mediocre football (pre-dating Worthy''s involvement with the Club - and it was worse before he arrived, though you wouldn''t think so from the current hysteria), and the only way to make the big step is to invest as much in the football "back-office" as you do in your players. Times have changed I''m afraid.

[quote user="Old Boy"]"The grass is greener" is a warning, not a promise. Did anyone else see the lead-up to the Bolton game on 5 last night? They showed the footballing infrastructure than Big Sam and his board have invested in, and use to good effect. This is what I think is important to take the Club forward, investing more in the coaching, in a wider sense of physical and psychological fitness as well as footballing technique. In order to do that you need a manager who understands the importance of it, and has the imagination to keep pushing the boundaries. It''s no longer enough to get a manager who can fire up the players, makes good tactical calls, and does smart transfer business (although those are still vital). To me, the Bolton model is more appealing than the Charlton model. Having all these bells and whistles not only improves Bolton''s existing players, but it helps attract high-quality new ones. But you need to get the right guy at the top - as I''ve said before, the important thing is not getting Worthy out, but getting Mr. Right in. We''ve had 10 years or so of mediocre football (pre-dating Worthy''s involvement with the Club - and it was worse before he arrived, though you wouldn''t think so from the current hysteria), and the only way to make the big step is to invest as much in the football "back-office" as you do in your players. Times have changed I''m afraid.[/quote]

You have a very good point their OldBoy, I just wish that was the way the board are thinking, but they seem far too cosy with our Nige!!

The Duke Wrote: "It makes me think well if they can do what they have done with average players what on earth could they achieve with our squad?"

Nigel has done wonders with average players also, but has failed with better players. Getting the right man in is not going to be easy.  I just wish our Nige would learn from his mistakes and improve as a boss.  Unfortunatly he seems unable to do this and has reached the limit of his capabilities.