Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

How many games did he play in the Championship in central midfield? Genuinely? I don’t know the answer but my memory suggests he was mainly utilised as a makeshift LB, and that makes people’s clamour for him to start at CM/DM in the Premier League all the more bizarre.

If I’m wrong, I’ll hold my hands up but I just don’t know what people have seen from him in the role we’re discussing to think he’s a good idea to start on Sunday.

Of course, Farke might read this MB and go with it, or just think it’s worth the gamble.🤷‍♂️

After his stint at left back, he came on as sub several times in central midfield - and did very well there.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

After his stint at left back, he came on as sub several times in central midfield - and did very well there.

Fair enough, Lakey.

Maybe it isn’t just classic “Becchio Syndrome” (it is) but if he does get the nod, I’ll be 100% backing him and hope he does the business. 

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

How many games did he play in the Championship in central midfield? Genuinely? I don’t know the answer but my memory suggests he was mainly utilised as a makeshift LB, and that makes people’s clamour for him to start at CM/DM in the Premier League all the more bizarre.

If I’m wrong, I’ll hold my hands up but I just don’t know what people have seen from him in the role we’re discussing to think he’s a good idea to start on Sunday.

Of course, Farke might read this MB and go with it, or just think it’s worth the gamble.🤷‍♂️

I could understand your view more if we actually had midfielders who have played well enough this season to keep him out! But all of them especially McClean or Lees for me have done nothing to keep their places! If Sorensen is making the squad then he must warrant a chance to start.

7 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I don’t think he started any although I stand to be corrected. Came on as a late sub a few times and played a couple of cup games.That’s the point though isn’t it? He’s never been given a chance in a game to show what he can do there, despite repeatedly impressing whilst out of position and playing there in the 6-0 cup win.

Even after we were promoted, when he had a chance to try him there in a couple of games, Farke sentimentally picked Tettey and Vrancic.

Meanwhile others get game after game in the actual side, play unconvincingly yet continue to get selected or used as subs.

Nobody is claiming he is “the answer” on his own but given the consensus is we need a disciplined player to sit in front of the back 4 he’s surely worth a try?

19 hours ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

Our midfield is literally screaming out for someone with his defensive attributes. How are the other midfielders able to stroll into the starting line up week in week out putting in below par performances whilst he sits on the bench. I don't believe for a second that McLean, Rupp, Lees Melou are all streets ahead. It seems obvious from the outside especially after signing a new contract just in the summer. 

The way he's been/being treated and left on the bench will he be willing to play for farke and at what standard would he perform for farke too? I like farke and it's been a hell of a journey under him but he IS NOT the man to progress us in the Premier league. Leaves players out unreservedly, subs aren't right, tactics, is there any? Changes formation to something we've not played before. Why not stick to what's good and we're used to? Just don't understand why sorensen hasn't been given a chance and everyone else has

21 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

The way he's been/being treated and left on the bench will he be willing to play for farke and at what standard would he perform for farke too? I like farke and it's been a hell of a journey under him but he IS NOT the man to progress us in the Premier league. Leaves players out unreservedly, subs aren't right, tactics, is there any? Changes formation to something we've not played before. Why not stick to what's good and we're used to? Just don't understand why sorensen hasn't been given a chance and everyone else has

I guess you could say the same for Tzolis and Todd which makes the team selection for Sunday very interesting. Will Farke, with his job on the line, be prepared to rely on players he’s not treated that well or will he revert to the old favourites.