Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The angry moaners thread

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

@cambridgeshire canary, as you clearly feel that there should be no complaints, please just reel off all of the positives about that performance. 

As an example, last week against Liverpool we had stand out individual performances; Giannoulis in particular was immense, Hanley also played very well I thought considering he was only just back from a long spell out, all of the new signings also showed plenty of promise and even Sargent and Idah came on and looked sharp. As a team we also had really good spells of possession and managed to put pressure on Liverpool for spells in the game - even carving out quite a few shooting opportunities.

Can you provide a similar passage of the positives for this afternoon? 

@cambridgeshire canary are you still trying to think of something?

Based on the rest of the thread, we think Mumba done pretty well. Is that the only positive from the day? Be good if you could share us some pearls of wisdom seeing as you clearly feel there was no need to be disappointed about the manner of today’s defeat?

27 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

@cambridgeshire canary are you still trying to think of something?

Based on the rest of the thread, we think Mumba done pretty well. Is that the only positive from the day? Be good if you could share us some pearls of wisdom seeing as you clearly feel there was no need to be disappointed about the manner of today’s defeat?

@Hank shoots Skyler do you maybe feel that you are being a touch harsh on the team considering we played Man city? Or is this something more with Cambridge, in which case, sorry for putting my beak in!

There may not have been much in the way of positives today but I still want to give it 10 - 12 games before getting too down-hearted. For perspective, last season Man City put five past Burnley, Everton, Southampton and West Brom. They also put four past Palace, Wolves, Newcastle and Liverpool. Some pretty established EPL defences and teams there, most of which are still in this division. 

Yes there were some worryingly familiar flags of concern today, but also some well-discussed mitigating factors to bear in mind. 

18 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

@Hank shoots Skyler do you maybe feel that you are being a touch harsh on the team considering we played Man city? Or is this something more with Cambridge, in which case, sorry for putting my beak in!

No offence taken! I don't personally think I have been harsh about it, so where specifically would you say I have overstepped the mark? Maybe I'm coming across as harsher because I'm responding to the very patronising OP?

Again to reiterate; I was disappointed with the display which I thought was a damn sight worse than the Liverpool game, with basically no notable positives. I don't think that is harsh.

No one is disappointed to lose to Liverpool or Man City, but the manner of each defeat has to be considered. Against Liverpool we gave a good account of ourselves, today we were dour. 

I haven't gone any further than that, and I'm still optimistic for our season, but let's not pretend we weren't **** today, or that its wrong to be disappointed by such an abject display after showing some promise last week in an equally tough fixture. 

I don't see why that can't be said without I guess the 'happy clap' posters trying to take it to the Nth degree as if toys are being thrown out of the pram and everyone wants Farke out etc. Because that's not me nor is it 99% of the people who were displeased with today's performance. 

If people have an issue with that other 1% of posters - who I agree are stupid - then call them out on it specifically rather than just blanket posting a whole OP which basically tarnishes everyone with the same brush. 

5 hours ago, Taiwan Canary said:

Bali Mumba played well

Let Mahrez in for no 5, stood with his arm up  instead of tracking his man otherwise did OK.