Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

On the plus side.....

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Perspective -

Rival message boards - ‘wouldn’t read too much into Norwich’s first two results, way too early to judge, they’ve just played arguably the two best sides in the land so let’s not get carried away just yet with the fixtures we’ve had eh?’

Norwich message board - ‘we’re relegated’

Got to love it 😉

Spot on.

Let's see in 6 games time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Perspective -

Rival message boards - ‘wouldn’t read too much into Norwich’s first two results, way too early to judge, they’ve just played arguably the two best sides in the land so let’s not get carried away just yet with the fixtures we’ve had eh?’

Norwich message board - ‘we’re relegated’

Got to love it 😉

I think much of this thread is simply self-deprecating banter. No-one is actually suggesting we are relegated yet. I think most fans with anything between their ears looked at the opening fixtures and were hard pressed to see us getting anything from the first two or three games, and our disrupted pre-season has not helped. We also have a raft of new players who have not had any time to gel together yet.

The worry for me, and many others I believe, was the nature of yesterday's defeat. In as much as the Liverpool game left. me feeling quite optimistic for the future, the nature of yesterday's defeat was reminiscent of the total capitulation at the end of our last season in the prem. 

The lack of a good DM like Skipp is something that simply must be addressed ASAP, and I am sure that Webber and co. are busting a gut to find one.... let's just hope that there is one available out there. If not, I do fear that our newly appointment attack-minded players will not get an opportunity to display their talents because they never have the ball.

12 minutes ago, Sooty57 said:

I think much of this thread is simply self-deprecating banter. No-one is actually suggesting we are relegated yet. I think most fans with anything between their ears looked at the opening fixtures and were hard pressed to see us getting anything from the first two or three games, and our disrupted pre-season has not helped. We also have a raft of new players who have not had any time to gel together yet.

The worry for me, and many others I believe, was the nature of yesterday's defeat. In as much as the Liverpool game left. me feeling quite optimistic for the future, the nature of yesterday's defeat was reminiscent of the total capitulation at the end of our last season in the prem. 

The lack of a good DM like Skipp is something that simply must be addressed ASAP, and I am sure that Webber and co. are busting a gut to find one.... let's just hope that there is one available out there. If not, I do fear that our newly appointment attack-minded players will not get an opportunity to display their talents because they never have the ball.

It was about the forum as a whole, not specifically this thread, Sooty.

I remember how much everyone kicked off after the first few fixtures in 2018. Some of us such as @lake district canary and myself said it’s far too early to judge on pretty much any aspect as anyone can have a bad day at the office, be that against Leeds or Man City, and surprise surprise, we were still bedding in new players. We won the league that season. 

Edited by Alex Moss

3 hours ago, Pegz said:

The only concern is we have no fight no nasty player who will put a foot in. We were like this when we last came up, were too nice. We havent looked competitive at all. I dont expect us to win these types of games but I'd like to think we should have spells in the game where we look good and create a few opportunity's but we don't...

Eh? We certainly had spells against Liverpool where we looked good and created opportunities. 

Anyone remember these tweets from this tool 🤣. We've been in the prem twice and won the championship, whilst he's still knocking around league 1 🤣. He'll never play in the prem. Not good enough.

Screenshot_20210822-110618_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-110612_Samsung Internet.jpg