Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who will go who will stay

A few people have alluded to Stiepermann going but haven’t out right called it.

So... Stiepermann to go? He’s hardly featured this season at all through no fault of his own. But he never seemed himself after the last season in the Prem. Like the wind had been taken out of his sails.

Maybe we had the best out of him 18/19? I just don’t see him as anything more than a squad player at best and if Rupp stays, surely it’s Rupp, Dowell and another for that 10 spot... so then where does Stiepermann feature?

Edited by Danke bitte
Pedantry

6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

So... Stiepermann to go? He’s hardly featured this season at all through no fault of his own. But he never seemed himself after the last season in the Prem. Like the wind had been taken out of his sails.

Maybe we had the best out of him 18/19? I just don’t see him as anything more than a squad player at best and if Rupp stays, surely it’s Rupp, Dowell and another for that 10 spot... so then where does Stiepermann feature?

To be fair, a viral infection like he had can still have an effect even when ostensibly healed, not to mention could have been a slow creeper on him to boot. He was always a sprightly presence in the previous Championship season, then suffered a lot as the team lost nearly all its defenders in the Premiership as everyone ended up twenty yards further back.

I do think he's drinking in the last chance saloon though.

1 hour ago, Danke bitte said:

I'd probably let him move on. He looked out of his depth last time round and his physical problems this season won't have helped.

As you say, I expect us to sign a new attacking midfielder to compete with Dowell in the summer and that would probably mean Stiepermann gets squeezed out.