Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who will go who will stay

5 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

With us being promoted, how much of a chance do we have of retaining our number 1 players  re: Buendia ,Araons, Cantwell. Etc.They all want  to play in the premiership. They now have that. Will they still want to leave for bigger teams,or is NCFC a bigger enough team for them to be convinced stay.   Your thoughts

Cantwells maturity both on and off the field I would hope would lead to an offer of an improved contract as he approaches his final year. 

1 minute ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I believe if a player does'nt ask for a transfer he receives 10% of the transfer fee.

That certainly used to be the case. 

Tettey and Vrancic to go. Stiepermann, Thompson, Heise, Drmic, Leitner, and Trybull all out of contract next summer and so I reckon any of them could go if an offer comes in, as they’ve all fallen out of favour.

Klose is also out of contract next summer, which is why I think he was sent out on loan this season with an option to buy, and also so we could give Gibson a go. If no offer comes in I do believe we will keep him though, as he’s not too bad when fit and it gives us some support for our CBs, although he’s also injury prone. 27 games and 2 goals also helps keep his skills going.

27 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Tettey and Vrancic to go. Stiepermann, Thompson, Heise, Drmic, Leitner, and Trybull all out of contract next summer and so I reckon any of them could go if an offer comes in, as they’ve all fallen out of favour.

Klose is also out of contract next summer, which is why I think he was sent out on loan this season with an option to buy, and also so we could give Gibson a go. If no offer comes in I do believe we will keep him though, as he’s not too bad when fit and it gives us some support for our CBs, although he’s also injury prone. 27 games and 2 goals also helps keep his skills going.

Mostly right but Stiepi will stay, Farke has publicly stated his like for him so can't see him going. Klose will move permanently after the success of his loan having played virtually every minute. 

Tetts and Vrancic are the only unknowns, both bought on today once the game was won to me says it all, I think they'll both be off. Tetts wants to do coaching in his own country so makes sense for him, Vrancic will be interesting to see where he ends up

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

Mostly right but Stiepi will stay, Farke has publicly stated his like for him so can't see him going. Klose will move permanently after the success of his loan having played virtually every minute. 

Tetts and Vrancic are the only unknowns, both bought on today once the game was won to me says it all, I think they'll both be off. Tetts wants to do coaching in his own country so makes sense for him, Vrancic will be interesting to see where he ends up

Maybe they were brought on to get their no. appearances up for winners' medals or bonuses etc.

6 hours ago, Indy said:

Sold.....Aarons & Buendia.

Out Vrancic, Tettey, Steipermann, Hernandez, Byram & Leitner.

i seriosly hope not

Would offer Max and Emi an extra £1-2m bonus to stay... they deserve it.    Emi gets in any club team on the planet, he’s that effective.         If he goes, has to be a Champs League team and for £50m plus.   

We can’t carry players again.... Tetts, Steips, Mario, Zimmo  and Quintilla need to move on with Drmic, Moritz and Tom T.    Think Platcheta and Martin need loans and Idah if we sign one or two forwards although a fit Idah likely to be ahead of Hugill.   

Yet again, for different reasons, my early predictions heavily hinge on our ability to keep Emi.

I'm a tiny bit more optimistic this time around if we did lose him though. We'd get decent money for him and I think we could get an adequate replacement like Harry Wilson for cheaper and improve elsewhere with the rest of the money.

Would still rather just keep Emi though!

29 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Would offer Max and Emi an extra £1-2m bonus to stay... they deserve it.    Emi gets in any club team on the planet, he’s that effective.         If he goes, has to be a Champs League team and for £50m plus.   

We can’t carry players again.... Tetts, Steips, Mario, Zimmo  and Quintilla need to move on with Drmic, Moritz and Tom T.    Think Platcheta and Martin need loans and Idah if we sign one or two forwards although a fit Idah likely to be ahead of Hugill.   

agree with the first part of you post . but tetts *( club legend)  , stieps ( fair point) Mario ( wildcard capable of magic worth another year)  zimmo not first choice but good stand in .quintilla not a left back but useful as a left mid .agree with everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Yet again, for different reasons, my early predictions heavily hinge on our ability to keep Emi.

I'm a tiny bit more optimistic this time around if we did lose him though. We'd get decent money for him and I think we could get an adequate replacement like Harry Wilson for cheaper and improve elsewhere with the rest of the money.

and you think Harry Wilson is an adequate replacement for emi , just because he scored a hatrick today , do you live in the fens by any chance.😁

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

and you think Harry Wilson is an adequate replacement for emi , just because he scored a hatrick today , do you live in the fens by any chance.😁

nope, I suggested looking at him before today actually, regardless of Emi leaving or staying. Mccarthy has basically already openly admitted he's not staying and Liverpool are looking to cash in on him and I think he'd be a cracking buy for us. Clearly the hattrick endorses my opinions further...

Sure Emi is better but if he's adamant on leaving or we get a massive offer then sadly that's how football works and Wilson would be top of my list to replace him.

Say we could sell Emi but used the proceeds to bring in Wilson, Billing and Ajer, it wouldn't all be that bad would it?

Edited by Tetteys Jig

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

nope, I suggested looking at him before today actually, regardless of Emi leaving or staying. Mccarthy has basically already openly admitted he's not staying and Liverpool are looking to cash in on him and I think he'd be a cracking buy for us. Clearly the hattrick endorses my opinions further...

Sure Emi is better but if he's adamant on leaving or we get a massive offer then sadly that's how football works and Wilson would be top of my list to replace him.

Say we could sell Emi but used the proceeds to bring in Wilson, Billing and Ajer, it wouldn't all be that bad would it?

I think emi loves what farke has done for him , and he'll give us another year.😊

11 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

by the way tettey jig , do you think tetteys worth keeping on for another year , personally i do, but never ever to be played at cb.😁

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/30/emi-buendia-messi-spain-or-argentina-norwich-premier-league

"I always said that the experience in this squad means a lot and now with this team and these players, we have played a few years together so everyone knows everyone and more players have played before in the Premier League. This is very good. I think the structure and the project, looking forward it will be good to do it properly next year. It is important to get this experience to do it better next time."

Emi stays.

3 hours ago, Upo said:

Emi stays.

Money talks.........unfortunately 

Aarons emi and cantwell to go sadly if big money offered along with a few of the fringe players and some will go on loan , just hope we can find replacements ASAP 

Aarons and Emi will leave.

Actually Aarons leaving for £30-35 million is a good move for all, and could actually improve us by signing two or three more physical and defensively minded players. Aarons as talented as he is, isn't irreplaceable. Aarons in 2-3 years could be world class, but right now I bet there's a right back who'd cost much less to fill that role. 

Buendia on the other hand, irreplaceable. A one off talent. My fear with him leaving is not only his individual talent, but what it takes away from players like Pukki and Cantwell. If there's anyway of keeping Buendia we simply must. 

In terms of others, contrary to most, I can see Vrancic being offered a one year deal. His game changing ability from the bench is a real asset, and an asset hard to replace. 

Idah and Josh Martin out to the Championship on loan, Peterborough perhaps. Soto too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Money talks.........unfortunately 

That's a direct quote from Emi himself; dated April 30, 2021.

Judging by it, he thinks he's staying. Basically Webber and Farke have convinced him that 2019/20 won't happen again.

Edited by Upo

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Aarons and Emi will leave.

Actually Aarons leaving for £30-35 million is a good move for all, and could actually improve us by signing two or three more physical and defensively minded players. Aarons as talented as he is, isn't irreplaceable. Aarons in 2-3 years could be world class, but right now I bet there's a right back who'd cost much less to fill that role. 

Buendia on the other hand, irreplaceable. A one off talent. My fear with him leaving is not only his individual talent, but what it takes away from players like Pukki and Cantwell. If there's anyway of keeping Buendia we simply must. 

In terms of others, contrary to most, I can see Vrancic being offered a one year deal. His game changing ability from the bench is a real asset, and an asset hard to replace. 

Idah and Josh Martin out to the Championship on loan, Peterborough perhaps. Soto too. 

Agreed, if we have to loose one, then id prefer Aarons. I didn't think we could find as good a replacement for Jamal in terms of suiting our style but giannoulis has convinced me  I love max ofc but Emi is by far the harder to replace.

Obviously we may just not have the choice if Emi is subject to interest.

I think Wilson is a good shout though.

But hey, great time to be a Norwich fan

That’s all well and good, but as stated earlier this month, the lads have been brilliant to stay here and their reward is if the right price is offered the club won’t stand in their way. Now it certainly looks like Emi is happy to stay,but if Cantwell, Aarons gets sold and Arsenal come knocking then he’ll be gone too.

I’m sure it’ll depend on who is in the pipeline to come in, keep our best players and build why wouldn’t everyone want to stay for one more year?

9 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Agreed, if we have to loose one, then id prefer Aarons. I didn't think we could find as good a replacement for Jamal in terms of suiting our style but giannoulis has convinced me  I love max ofc but Emi is by far the harder to replace.

Obviously we may just not have the choice if Emi is subject to interest.

I think Wilson is a good shout though.

But hey, great time to be a Norwich fan

Harry Wilson? If so, agreed. I think he'd suit our style very well. He's at that point where if he's going to make it (and in the right side I think he will) next season could be the one where he really kicks on. And no doubt we have the chance to get him. 

Cardiff was never a great fit for him, despite showing some good form recently. 

Financially I think we'll let Aarons go, and use the money to invest. You can cope better by losing Aarons, than you can Buendia, who I hope they'll persuade to stay. Plus we're in a strong contractual position, so it would take mega silly money to allow him to go.

I think Harry Wilson (who's got 11 assists and 7 goals) is a good shout. He's predominantly a winger and to me a much better upgrade on Hernandez & certainly Placheta. Think Placheta needs to go out on loan in Championship to get a run and see if he can improve consistently enough. Nowewhere good enough for Premiership. Olise is another attacking midfielder I'd look at in terms of competition for Mclean. I see we're being linked with this Ryan Gaulds atm

I suspect we'll look to strengthen in No.10, and although Dowell has come on really well, Stieps has proven he couldn't improve in Prem. Stieps may well stay, but think we'll look to get another in here for competition for these two,  and I'd expect Vrancic will go, along with Heise, Leitner, Klose & Trybull to clear the decks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Upo said:

That's a direct quote from Emi himself; dated April 30, 2021.

Judging by it, he thinks he's staying. Basically Webber and Farke have convinced him that 2019/20 won't happen again.

I hope you're right, and the club have said it will take silly money to get him, which is backed by the long contract. 

He's hardly going to say otherwise is he? 

Lets see....... 

17 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I think Harry Wilson (who's got 11 assists and 7 goals) is a good shout. He's predominantly a winger and to me a much better upgrade on Hernandez & certainly Placheta.

I'm not sure Farke's keen on playing an out and out "winger" except as either a last roll of the dice or to tire defences in the last 20 mins, as we've hardly seen Onel all season (injuries aside) and same with Placheta. 

I would think Onel will stay though because of his Prem exp and is a bit of a different option to Farkeball but can see Placheta being loaned out. I'd really love for it to click for Placheta but I'm not sure it's in a team playing football like Norwich.

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

I'm not sure Farke's keen on playing an out and out "winger" except as either a last roll of the dice or to tire defences in the last 20 mins, as we've hardly seen Onel all season (injuries aside) and same with Placheta. 

I would think Onel will stay though because of his Prem exp and is a bit of a different option to Farkeball but can see Placheta being loaned out. I'd really love for it to click for Placheta but I'm not sure it's in a team playing football like Norwich.

I wouldn't class Wilson as a winger, he's as much of a winger as Buendia and Cantwell are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

If Brentford don't go up, I'd love to see us sign Josh Dasilva and David Raya. 

Josh Dasilva is quality, love to see him here but Brentford always get big money for their players. Realistically what would Raya cost us for a position we don't need to strengthen. You wouldn't get him for less than £10m. Nyland will sign a new deal and thats our 3 keepers sorted.

12 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Klose will be gone, I would add Zimmermann to that list. Looking at his injury record over the last 2 seasons I can't see us using him.

10 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Harry Wilson is nowhere near Emi. I'd hope if Emi does leave,Webber and our scouts have earmarked somebody berter than Wilson!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

by the way tettey jig , do you think tetteys worth keeping on for another year , personally i do, but never ever to be played at cb.😁

I don't think so unless it was clearly more for coaching and he kept his player registration up for cup games and under 23s and maybe an emergency prem game. Wouldn't want to use one of our 25 slots on him if it meant not having someone more suitable missing out.

It'd be nice to get him to the tenth year but I'd understand if he wants to go back to Norway to play a bit more football before retiring.