lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

I know it’s sacrilege snd I love him to bits but not for the first time this season Pukki should have had 3 or 4 goals in the game and put it to bed long before that equaliser. 

He’s great but I still don’t feel he’s quite back to his clinical best when it comes to finishing. 

26 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Hugill was the issue in those last 5 minutes, Preston were delighted to see him come on for Pukki. Yes, Pukki should have put the match to bed way before and must take some of the blame but the pressure he puts on the defenders is relentless. Hugill comes on, loses the ball, kicks their players and gives away a totally needless free-kick for them to kick up the pitch. He's League One standard at best. 

A free kick the ref let them take from 30 yards too far up the pitch too 

14 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

What was so annoying is that were utterly beaten, totally dejected for the last 10 minutes or so. Passing back aimlessly with the occasional hoof forward. It wasn't one of those games where they're battering us towards the end & you can see a goal coming. 

My biggest concern was that we didn't seem overly concerned to score; sometimes we look a bit too worried about producing the perfect goal rather than just get the bloody thing in the net any old how.

But, ultimately, the frustration is part & parcel of the beautiful game. And there's always next time ...

We've seen out so many one goal leads ...both at home and away this season ,we've become complacent that we will always be able to do it, its been the most un-Norwich like season for us to have done it so many times.

Throwing away late equalizers..or even defeats used to be very much more the norm.

A dangerous game when we dont score a second (or a further goal to maintain a 2 goal advantage)

57 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Is it the "Pukki couldn't score in a brothel" thread 

Yep, and how we never hold onto narrow leads 😂😂😂, I've not been able to resist winding a few up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I know it’s sacrilege snd I love him to bits but not for the first time this season Pukki should have had 3 or 4 goals in the game and put it to bed long before that equaliser. 

He’s great but I still don’t feel he’s quite back to his clinical best when it comes to finishing. 

According to this website, his accuracy is better this season than in 2018/19. That season, 56 shots on target out of 140 is 40%. This season, 50 out of 114 is 43.9%. Even if that doesn’t include today’s game, his shots on target % would still be better this season.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/shooting/Championship-Stats