dylanisabaddog

Help with an accumulator bet

Alternatively he could just get as much cash as he could muster and lay the horse he’s backed. It’s around 1.5 at the moment. Lay it to lose 50k. So he wins 50k if it loses or £465k if it wins. Personally this is the option I’d take.

6 hours ago, Hector Brockelbank said:

Alternatively he could just get as much cash as he could muster and lay the horse he’s backed. It’s around 1.5 at the moment. Lay it to lose 50k. So he wins 50k if it loses or £465k if it wins. Personally this is the option I’d take.

Sorry that’s wrong. He would win 100k if it lost. 

Take the £265,000, pay off my mortgage. Take the little bit left over and go on a set of really good holidays, but this lack of ambition is probably why I don't gamble much.

Decision made, and wisely.

Punter Paul Dean stands to collect at least £250,000 on Thursday after opting to partially cash out his remarkable £5 accumulator.

The 40-year-old had the option of letting the bet roll and relying on odds-on favourite Envoi Allen to win him £511,225 in the Marsh Novices' Chase or to take Betfair's cash-out offer of £275,000.

Dean decided on the middle path, and tweeted: "After celebrations last night, four hours sleep and an hour-long walk at 5am, I've decided to take a partial cash-out offer. Alongside other bets, my position on the race is £322,000 Envoi and £250,000 the field."

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Decision made, and wisely.

Punter Paul Dean stands to collect at least £250,000 on Thursday after opting to partially cash out his remarkable £5 accumulator.

The 40-year-old had the option of letting the bet roll and relying on odds-on favourite Envoi Allen to win him £511,225 in the Marsh Novices' Chase or to take Betfair's cash-out offer of £275,000.

Dean decided on the middle path, and tweeted: "After celebrations last night, four hours sleep and an hour-long walk at 5am, I've decided to take a partial cash-out offer. Alongside other bets, my position on the race is £322,000 Envoi and £250,000 the field."

He chose wisely. Envoi Allen fell at the first fence

And the reason this punter's bet is getting so much publicity? It's a deliberate policy on the behalf of the bookies to encourage more mugs (sorry Dylan) to do accumulators.