Sign in to follow this  
Christoph Stiepermann

Alex Tettey

Great article on The Athletic about him, lots of quotes from players and Alex Neil, who all say what a great character he is. I hadn’t realised Neil got close to getting him at Preston. Plus video of all the “Thunderbastards”.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

All time great and club legend worthy of his own testimonial. Prove me wrong....Or agree, like we all should.

🤗 You’ve twisted me arm 

43 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Signed in August 2012 so if he is still here after ten years i am sure he will get one.

Even if he leaves at the end of this season he deserves a send off game. His work rate, goals, personality and loyalty are deserving of a special send off. 

• Like 3

If we hold a goodbye Alex Tettey game at the end of this season similar to many other players testimonials I'd buy tickets. We need to get a campaign going to give him a proper send off

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Even if he leaves at the end of this season he deserves a send off game. His work rate, goals, personality and loyalty are deserving of a special send off. 

Pretty pointless without fans. 

Best chance would be if he stays for a year to do some coaching with U23's, and then we count that as his 10th year.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

If we hold a goodbye Alex Tettey game at the end of this season similar to many other players testimonials I'd buy tickets

That's optimistic, I can't see fans returning this season with the new South African strain rampant. 

I certainly think this will be his last playing season due to the little game time he has had, and the potential of Sorensen coming into that position now. That said, he has said he’s very interested in staying to start his coaching under Farke so who knows, might be a player/coach role as emergency backup! A great servant through thick and thin who just gets on with getting the job done. I’m sure the youngsters can learn a lot from him 

At a minimum, I’d love to see a testimonial, but definitely worth waiting until we can fill Carrow Road for him. I thought his wife was keen to get back to Norway, which would rule out coaching with us? I’m sure he said he needed to work hard to persuade her to stay for this season.