Jim Smith

So with Kenny out and Rupp rusty would you

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Those are all attacking players. Bringing someone straight in to a defensive position has its risks. But I'm quite impatient to see Jacob play in midfield. I hope he's as good as I think he's going to be. 

Fair call, but then I'll raise you the young defenders he has brought through. He was still happy to chuck Aarons in during an East Anglian.

With Mclean likely out, and Rupp still very rusty, I'd prefer Sorensen start next to Skipp, and Gian at LB. Gian will be match fit and sharp, having played all season in Greece, so feel he should be able to start straight away.

That gives us speed down the left, and Sorensen a great foil to Skipp. It also moves two ;layers into their strongest positions.

As has been said, Lungi can move back to LB later in game if needs be, or Quintilla can come on at LB, or Rupp can come on later to get well needed minutes.

Just feel this is our strongest line up  

It's a tricky one, if we were playing someone a bit lower in the league then I'd definitely say that we should bring one of Xavi or Giannoulis in with Sorenson being moved into midfield. Boro though are a top side in this division, and I just wonder whether throwing in a new signing or Xavi who hasn't played in the league for months is the right move against a team like Boro. The safer option is certainly keeping Sorenson at left back and perhaps playing Tettey next to Skipp, albeit that is much more defensive than how we usually set up.

Ultimately we don't know how Giannoulis' first few days in training has gone or whether Xavi is ready, so I'll trust whatever Farke does. I certainly think though the 'best' scenario would be Lungi next to Skipp with the Greek at left back. 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Fair call, but then I'll raise you the young defenders he has brought through. He was still happy to chuck Aarons in during an East Anglian.

That's true but I think he'll want him to get used to our style. Having said that, the video clips I've seen suggest that he already is. Greece are no pushover so he should be able to cope with Middlesbrough. 

After that result and that turnover, Warnock's going to mix up the ****ing concrete. Deep, deep, deep. 

If Giannoulis is looking reasonably sharp in training, this is the game to throw him in.

We have less than half a season to see whether Giannoulis is worth signing on a permanent deal this summer and we also want to see Sorensen playing in his natural position. As he has been playing for his parent club recently I think we should start him at LB and  move Sorensen alongside Skipp to fill in for McLean.

Although Dowell was a bit rusty in the Barnsley game I might bring him in for Vrancic - it’s just I think Mario can only manage about an hour now