cambridgeshire canary

Team v Coventry (FA cup)

25 minutes ago, Clint said:

Can Reece McAlear not play RB? Already made his debut so be good to get him some more minutes.

Good point. Sorensen could then play in midfield? Skipp needs a rest, so perhaps a Tettey / Sorensen combo.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

We don't have any replacements available so it makes sense to play him. Can always take him off if we get ahead and are comfortable. 

Shame we do have so many players out, be it on loan or injured otherwise this would have been my ideal cup 11

team.png

Farke has already said that Sorenson and Hanley really need a rest, and having played every game this season I imagine Aarons and Skipp could do with one too. I would go with:

Barden
Omobamidele Zimbo Gibson Quintilla
Tettey Rupp
Martin Dowell Placheta
Hugill

Not sure if Omobamidele can play right back, but he seems to be the best option to me with Byram and Mumba out injured, Skipp being rested and Rupp preferably being given an opportunity in his natural position. 

I'm not really overly bothered about the result of this, but I am looking forward to seeing a lot of players who have had limited chances so far or have been injured. Hopefully we at least can put in an encouraging performance, with the likes of Xavi, Dowell, Placheta, Hugill showing that they want to be in our starting XI for our next league game.

One good thing is regardless of the result, there won't be a replays as they have been scrapped for this season. I'm not 100% sure but I assume that means we'll have extra time and penalties if it's a draw after 90 minutes.

I disagree with those who have suggested playing Nizet, McAlear or Omobamidele at right back. It would be hard enough for them making their debut as it is, never mind in a position they're not familiar with.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

We know that DF likes to put out a strong Cup team, but perhaps 3 at the back with 5 in midfield? (Tettey, Mario,  Placheta, Martin, Dowell) with Hugill and Marco nearer their goal? I know that is not our normal system, but to rest certain players, and it's a low impact game, then could it be an option?