FootballFanInPeace

Football Fan In Peace...

3 hours ago, Bucks said:

I suspect most people can see both sides of the argument.

Jobs and careers are at stake when leaked information potentially provides opponents with a match day advantage and TWTD itself provided the platform for that information to be seen. If those running it are unable to control its content, there is a strong argument for removing that threat going forward. 

The term ‘Journalist’ is always questionable when it comes to a ‘fan’ writing about their own club, as their copy tends to lack balance and a realistic viewpoint. 

I’m unconvinced that hiding behind the fact he didn’t post the team news himself, is enough to exonerate anyone in this instance. The vehicle for the leak is TWTD itself and if its content cannot reflect some degree of stewardship and professionalism I would certainly question its right to have access to classified information regarding the football club. 

Message boards have their place in football, but there is arguably no place in the modern game for ‘play journalism’ given the speed at which rumours and tactics can become very useful public knowledge ahead of key games. 

Thank goodness we have a more robust set-up at FCR. 

This is ridiculous. Do you really think that anybody believes so called 'information' published on football message boards. Do you think that Norwich City have got somebody looking at the Luton Town fan message boards as we speak to find out who will be playing for Luton tomorrow night???? 

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This is ridiculous. Do you really think that anybody believes so called 'information' published on football message boards. Do you think that Norwich City have got somebody looking at the Luton Town fan message boards as we speak to find out who will be playing for Luton tomorrow night???? 

Might, of course, depend upon the importance of the game.

Liverpool preparing for a game in Europe  ... significant leak.

However, this apparently was for a game against  Lincoln City .... Yes! The mighty Imps of Lincoln.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Bigger picture than that. I believe the pro journo's are asked not to share the info etc like that to anyone prior to an hour before kick off, when the team sheets have to be officially submitted.

If someone breaks that rule and isn't punished, the others will want to know why. So they breached rules and got consequences for it - allegedly. 

On 29/11/2020 at 21:10, FootballFanInPeace said:

Hi all.

Here looking for help as fellow football fans. At times, the colour of the shirt shouldn't matter...

Ipswich Town have recently banned a journalist, the head of their main online fan site, at a time when no fans have been allowed in the stadium for months. The reason given was the posting of a leaked team on the website - not by the journalist may I add. Simply by a random poster.

Rather than address the leak within the club, they chose to blame Phil.

A petition has been started to rectify this ridiculous situation. Mock if you must, but any signatures as football fans would be welcomed - regardless of allegiances, I'm sure you would feel the same if this happened at your club. Thank you. :thup:

https://www.change.org/PhilHamITFC

Is it fair to say that there has been a loss of context here?

Petitions to re-instate a hobbyist journalist who happens to be a fan of your club, alongside campaigns for feeding hungry schoolchildren, the right to access clean drinking water and mandatory life sentences for those who recklessly take a life?

There is of course, always the possibility that the manager isn't the problem? Lambert maintained full support and a full stadium whilst at CR, only running out of credit, when personal ambition overtook what was safe for the club to pursue at that particular moment in time.

When your football club, sells out to a man, who effectively uses it as a financial tool, within a wider business strategy, it is quite likely you will get your fingers burned. You therefore have my sympathy, but not my vote. 

Stay well in this global pandemic 

Edited by Bucks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

I've been on and they didnt spot me. And WACCOE.

Yeah, but you were wearing a false beard and funny glasses when you joined

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Yeah, but you were wearing a false beard and funny glasses when you joined

Damn......

• Haha 1