FootballFanInPeace

Football Fan In Peace...

Hi all.

Here looking for help as fellow football fans. At times, the colour of the shirt shouldn't matter...

Ipswich Town have recently banned a journalist, the head of their main online fan site, at a time when no fans have been allowed in the stadium for months. The reason given was the posting of a leaked team on the website - not by the journalist may I add. Simply by a random poster.

Rather than address the leak within the club, they chose to blame Phil.

A petition has been started to rectify this ridiculous situation. Mock if you must, but any signatures as football fans would be welcomed - regardless of allegiances, I'm sure you would feel the same if this happened at your club. Thank you. :thup:

https://www.change.org/PhilHamITFC

18 minutes ago, FootballFanInPeace said:

Hi all.

Here looking for help as fellow football fans. At times, the colour of the shirt shouldn't matter...

Ipswich Town have recently banned a journalist, the head of their main online fan site, at a time when no fans have been allowed in the stadium for months. The reason given was the posting of a leaked team on the website - not by the journalist may I add. Simply by a random poster.

A petition has been started to rectify this ridiculous situation. Mock if you must, but any signatures as football fans would be welcomed - regardless of allegiances, I'm sure you would feel the same if this happened at your club. Thank you. :thup:

Signed - met Phil a long time back and he's a good bloke. Banning him is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 1

Signed it.

Probably have done him a favour banning him from there though 😏 not much of what you would call football to be reported on

• Haha 1

Wait so by signing this Phil has to endure tedious interviews with the miserable Scottish so-called manager after another defeat against bang average league one opposition?

Signed!!!

• Like 1

Lambert gets easily upset, but no manager would like having his team sheet put into the public domain prematurely.

Fergie, for example, would have gone mad and given this Phil Ham the hairdryer treatment no doubt .... Oh wait! Ham is bald.

The person who runs such a site is, at the end of the day, responsible for all published content on that site. I mean SDP has banned all mention of **** Van **** from our forum after all. 

It's a bit OTT from Lambert, and that's the nature of the man, but a bit of a storm in a teacup when compared to all the current ills that beset that club. PL will likely relent once he's calmed down in any case. A brain cell does occasionally bleep between sips.

Good public relations is all he's (once) had there after all.

Has there been previous? 

The wider issue is that, with Lambert now finally alienating the entire fan ship and the local media to boot, Marcus Evans is put into an impossible situation, having previously given the man a five years contract. This could well be the final straw for the besieged owner, and I'm not meaning the dumping of the manager. Watch this space.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am not so keen on the fella he has banned me a few times over the years on twtd

I'm suddenly warming to Phil Ham 🙂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am not so keen on the fella he has banned me a few times over the years on twtd

😁 Interesting point.

Phil the Banner.

Talking of banners we now have yet another reason for the binners to produce yet another one of their famous creations:-

"Re-instate the Ham, Scumbert."

Draped between two of the statues that adorn their stadium, rather than a motorway bridge, no doubt. They could, on the other hand, hire an aeroplane to fly over Portman Road.

Edited by BroadstairsR

38 minutes ago, Pugin said:

I'm suddenly warming to Phil Ham 🙂

Just what the Pink Un needs. Sign him up. 

• Like 1

I once signed up to twtd, made two posts, neither were confrontational and made no indication of who I supported. Another poster then said “ you’re one of them aren’t you ? “ and I was promptly banned. Phil Ham can do one as far as I’m concerned 😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FootballFanInPeace said:

Hi all.

Once met Phil Ham and was introduced to him as a “Budgie” by my ITFC supporting chum. Phil simply couldn’t cope . By the end of the 20 second conversation (there really wasn’t any point in it going on any longer) he said something about our trophy cabinet - and we parted company . 

What isn’t clear from the noise surrounding this is whether the website published the team and therefore broke with protocol/ trust? If they did why are they moaning ? If you are given privileged info , keep it to yourself . Simple. 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

What isn’t clear from the noise surrounding this is whether the website published the team and therefore broke with protocol/ trust? If they did why are they moaning ?

The excuse they’re making is that while it’s his forum and he’s the moderator he can’t be held responsible for what other people post 🙄

• Like 1

On the face of it, the sensible way to deal with it would be to talk to the guy or at least enter into dialogue about it with warnings about future conduct - but what we don't know is what else might have happened behind the scenes and whether there have been problems with TWTD that the club feel have not been addressed and that this was seen as the final straw.  But it does seem a move that will alienate fans at a time when they need to keep fans on board as much as possible.

Not signing it, I hate Ipswich and couldn't care less whether TWTD dies and Phil Ham has to get a proper job.

Your fans fully deserve your current misery after you started getting ideas above your station and forced Mick McCarthy out in favour of bringing in somebody tasked with playing like Barcelona on a Barnsley budget.

You've sat and watched for years as Marcus Evans cripples you with debt and allows Portman Road to crumble. Weak, limp, pathetic fans. Remember when we forced Robert Chase out? Weekly protests bordering on riots and eventually a brick through the window of a restaurant aimed at his head is what it took. Still you have people on TWTD defending Evans, and still I chuckle at your stupidity. 

I'm half way through my life and yet don't think we'll ever meet you in the league again, there's no point in considering you rivals anymore. Southend, Cambridge, Colchester, that's who you share a lane with now. Oh, what was it... "mind the gap" that your fans said, when we were temporarily a league below you. More like "mind the valley" now isn't it. Remember all the chants about how rich you were? You meant how in debt you were didn't you?

Remember the countdown to Norwich relegation clock prior to us going down to League One? We love seeing you stuck there, and if Lambert is helping that happen then good on him.

Of course, he's always been a mercenary so if you throw a five year contract at him he's going to try all he can to get the sack for the giant lump sum, alienating the fans a great leap towards that. Suspect he sees this as his last big payday before retiring.

Ipswich on here calling in the favours? Give me a break, will take more than a trivial issue like this to dirty myself in such a way. I donated to several phoenix clubs over the years, Ipswich won't get a penny from me when your club reaches its inevitable financial ruin and your ground gets sold to Persimmon, I'll drive down to Portman Road to laugh at Ipswich fans crying outside the ground.

I hope somebody thinks to pay the St Johns Ambulance this time. But thanks for popping by.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not signing it, I hate Ipswich and couldn't care less whether TWTD dies and Phil Ham has to get a proper job.

Your fans fully deserve your current misery after you started getting ideas about your station and forced Mick McCarthy out in favour of bringing in somebody tasked with playing like Barcelona on a Barnsley budget.

You've sat and watched for years as Marcus Evans cripples you with debt and allows Portman Road to crumble. Weak, limp, pathetic fans. Remember when we forced Robert Chase out? Weekly protests bordering on riots and eventually a brick through the window of a restaurant aimed at his head is what it took. Still you have people on TWTD defending Evans, and still I chuckle at your stupidity. 

I'm half way through my life and yet don't think we'll ever meet you in the league again, there's no point in considering you rivals anymore. Southend, Cambridge, Colchester, that's who you share a lane with now. Oh, what was it... "mind the gap" that your fans said, when we were temporarily a league below you. More like "mind the valley" now isn't it. Remember all the chants about how rich you were? You meant how in debt you were didn't you?

Remember the countdown to Norwich relegation clock prior to us going down to League One? We love seeing you stuck there, and if Lambert is helping that happen then good on him.

Of course, he's always been a mercenary so if you throw a five year contract at him he's going to try all he can to get the sack for the giant lump sum, alienating the fans a great leap towards that. Suspect he sees this as his last big payday before retiring.

Ipswich on here calling in the favours? Give me a break, will take more than a trivial issue like this to dirty myself in such a way. I donated to several phoenix clubs over the years, Ipswich won't get a penny from me when your club reaches its inevitable financial ruin and your ground gets sold to Persimmon, I'll drive down to Portman Road to laugh at Ipswich fans crying outside the ground.

I hope somebody thinks to pay the St Johns Ambulance this time. But thanks for popping by.

Well said. Grubby little club 

So if one of the Reeves brothers got banned from the Carra, would Scum fans sign a petition to allow them to have access?  Don't think so.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

So if one of the Reeves brothers got banned from the Carra, would Scum fans sign a petition to allow them to have access?  Don't think so.

Hang on... they are brothers? 

Jack Reeve, and the Chris fella? Who I've only just realised has the same surname.

Those two are brothers and not just mates?

My mind has just been blown, I'd never sussed that 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Hang on... they are brothers? 

Jack Reeve, and the Chris fella? Who I've only just realised has the same surname.

Those two are brothers and not just mates?

My mind has just been blown, I'd never sussed that 🤣

They aren’t brothers.

There aren't many clearer signs that a club is going totally rotten than when they start banning journos. Lambert clearly totally lost it.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

There aren't many clearer signs that a club is going totally rotten than when they start banning journos. Lambert clearly totally lost it.

Its fun to watch.

32 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

We can only hope..

I do think that banning Phil Ham is bang out of order, but I also find it immensely funny how much ITFC are taking a sh*t with their clothes on in pretty much every conceivable way. Reinstate him and they'll look weak and divided, uphold the ban and they'll look even more ridiculous and petty.

Not signing it, and wouldn't dream of asking binners for support if the roles were reversed. Keep up the comedy genius down there, long live King Lambert!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Your fans fully deserve your current misery after you started getting ideas above your station and forced Mick McCarthy out in favour of bringing in somebody tasked with playing like Barcelona on a Barnsley budget.

Okay enough of the fence sitting, why don't you tell us all what you REALLY think TVB?

• Haha 2