Sign in to follow this  
NFN FC

So 50 million plus in the pot

9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

We won't spend much of it.

Why would we when the World is full of cheap players who are past it, cheap players with injury problems, cheap players in the German 3rd Division and cheap young players who we can loan out so that someone else pays their wages.

You mean the players who won the championship for us last time? 

Christ what a bunch of moaners. 

Absolutely fantastic cash for a very inexperienced player, and I'm sure webber will bring in a couple of players now. 

1 hour ago, seanthecanary said:

Why are we equating transfer fee to quality? If that's the case then Naismith at £8m should have been a far better player for us than Buendia. Oliviera should have banged in 50 goals a season if Pukki scored 30 and was a free. 

The other point is that selling Godfrey and Lewis for £40 million, doesn't mean you have that as cash. The fees may well be structured over a couple of seasons, the players I think will get a cut and in Godfrey's case, 10% is due to Torquay.

That said, reinvestment will be needed especially if Cantwell and Buendia leave l. Sundays match gave a real insight of how badly lacking we would be creatively in the central areas. As others have said and although having 5 centre backs is crazy, we do need another because it's hard to see Zimbo, Klose and Hanley avoiding injuries. 

Spot on. But... The 10% will go to York. 👍 

1 hour ago, seanthecanary said:

That said, reinvestment will be needed especially if Cantwell and Buendia leave l. Sundays match gave a real insight of how badly lacking we would be creatively in the central areas. As others have said and although having 5 centre backs is crazy, we do need another because it's hard to see Zimbo, Klose and Hanley avoiding injuries. 

Great post. The prospect of having McLean and Rupp as our creative engine frightens me quite honestly.

We still haven't got a decent back up keeper either, or cover at LB.

Have got to invest in a decent, non injury prone CB with good Championship or PL experience now. Zimbo, Hanley, and Klose are all injury prone, although Gibson sounds good we must also remember that he hasn’t played any first team football since January 2019 and to sign him on a permanent deal we have to get promoted

We just can’t risk going through what we went through with our CBs last season and if we don’t replace our crown jewels, I can only see us as a long term Championship team.

Edited by HazzaJet