TeemuVanBasten

Russell Martin has gone off the rails

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The OP's title is the problem.

Perhaps it would have come over as more amusing if it had read, "I hope this isn't Russell Martin?"

As it is it came over as yet another dig at the player who was always being scapegoated despite being a club stalwart for many seasons (309 appearances ...wiki.)

People will desperately look for reasons to take offense or get upset about something. 

You are really reaching here. 

Desperate? Really?

Strange reaction to a valid point

Don't kid yourself. Just commenting on how things appeared to me.

IE: Initially very unfunny. It need not have been.

My point stands.

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Desperate? Really?

Strange reaction to a valid point

Don't kid yourself. Just commenting on how things appeared to me.

IE: Initially very unfunny. It need not have been.

My point stands.

I'm sure Russell Martin appreciates your concern about a thread title on an internet forum. 

I genuinely despair at this world, I would say that I it often feels like we need a third world war to give people like you a sense of perspective - but then I'd have thought a once in a century pandemic might have been enough. 

Can't you find something to moan to the parish council about? 

33 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

You spout nonsense, take offence easily and have a poor relationship with the use of words.

If you can construe this thread as a "dig" at Russell Martin then you are the one with the comprehension problems.

You have a poor relationship with the quote button by the way, its helpful to use it so the person you are quoting is then notified of your reply.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If you can construe this thread as a "dig" at Russell Martin then you are the one with the comprehension problems.

You have a poor relationship with the quote button by the way, its helpful to use it so the person you are quoting is then notified of your reply.

I made a slight (very slight) criticism about the wording of your thread's title.

In return I received this weird dialogue about how you genuinely despaired of this world and that "I often feel we need a third world war to give people like you a sense of perspective."

It was followed up with some nonsense about "a once in a century pandemic being enough."

You then mentioned something about a parish council.

I had difficulty believing what I was reading and you accused me of lacking perspective.

Btw. I am no particular fan of Russell Martin, but neither am I a fan of those on here who have constantly pilloried him.

I have no clue as to your view of the player.

(Happy about the quote now?)

Edited by BroadstairsR