Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Time for a new beginning

This is not the beginning, is not the beginning of the end, it is not even the end of the beginning.....err....it might be the beginning of the beginning, but on the other hand it could be the end of the end, but it might not be any of those......but it is was it is, not what it isn't, it isn't what it was, but then nothing ever is, is it? 

Apologies to SWC and DF.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is not the beginning, is not the beginning of the end, it is not even the end of the beginning.....err....it might be the beginning of the beginning, but on the other hand it could be the end of the end, but it might not be any of those......but it is was it is, not what it isn't, it isn't what it was, but then nothing ever is, is it? 

Apologies to SWC and DF.

Is that a response to my question about whether you lived on Argyle st in the early 80s Lakeyo?  If so, then the answer is clearly yes!👍😉😇

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Is that a response to my question about whether you lived on Argyle st in the early 80s Lakeyo?  If so, then the answer is clearly yes!👍😉😇

No, Io'm a Thorpe Sn Andrew boiee.

58 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Photo gallery: Remembering 30 years since the end of the Argyle ...

So ,  let me get this right, thats Tillo with the helmet and Baton and thats Lakeyo ,pre cork hat days of course , behind the car.? You did have fun lads. 

I have no doubt some of them were great lads and lasses. From what I have gleaned it went from a Hippy love/peace  and social housing ideology to anarchistic mayhem in around 5 years. ....a bit like most governments then. I didnt leave the Forces till 84, so when I went to have a look around,in autumn 84, it was already well on the slide. I was offered a cup of tea by one householder and accused of being an undercover cop by another. 

• Haha 1

Ok, let's bump this up now.

Feel good factor already flowing through my veins

Can't wait for the fixtures. Who will we get 1st game? I'll go for Stoke at home

On 24/07/2020 at 20:01, Uncle Fred said:

With the season drawing to a conclusion let us end the inquest into this season and instead look forward to the positives of the new year

New players

Absolutely, can't want to see who is on our Championship list after our excellent transfer business landing three from our Premier League list in January.