Six Pack

Farke Chokes !!!

Last 12 games = 8 wins, 4 draws and 0 losses. Zero losses! Even when off our game. Zero losses. We're played untested players. We've played youngsters who would be out on loan right now had Neil stayed. You can't criticise Farke, at all, in the slightest.

This is nonsense  - it isn't that black and white.

We've done really well overall but we haven't been at our best recently - less fluid and incisive. There are several reasons for this - and we all have quite valid opinions. 4 unexpected draws on the trot does cause questions and in truth even in that winning streak we may have ridden our luck more than some wish to remember! 

For what it's worth I think Vrancic should have come back earlier and one or two others may be mentally exhausted and not on their game at present possibly due to playing week in week out.

Overall I really enjoy the kind of football Farke likes to play - but he's not infallible either!   

On 23/04/2019 at 23:41, Gordon Bennett said:

All teams go through peaks and troughs of form throughout the season , after our long winning run it was always likely we were going to drop points towards the end of the season especially with the pressure of the finish line approaching. Sometimes we can analyse and point fingers when it’s simply a slight dip in form. It always amuses me how team selection doesn’t get mentioned when we win yet as soon as points are dropped it’s because this player or that player wasn’t picked. That’s not to say Farke hasn’t made mistakes but he had got an awful lot more right than wrong. 

As had been said some of the comments immediately post match in social media were embarrassing. Rather than the club not deserving promotion these ‘supporters’ don't deserve it. 

GN: As had been said some of the comments immediately post match in social media were embarrassing. Rather than the club not deserving promotion these ‘supporters’ don't deserve it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes what a brilliant way of stereotyping and attempting to make people ashamed of posting legitimate concerns. I doubt you'd find anyone that supports this club (myself included) who doesn't respect DL and doesn't appreciate what he's achieved this season. That's not what this thread is about. It's about needing to make changes when things don't run smoothly.

Up to the time that Vrancic was injured we played the most effective, eye-catching football this club, in my opinion, has experienced. I honestly haven't watched anything so smooth, co-ordinated and accurate, even in our most successful years of the 80s.  At the time I was thinking if you went up, we wouldn't just be making up the numbers, we could actually do something. That's how good our football was.

As some posters have pointed out there will always be a dip in form and that it's unfortunate it's in the home straight - very true point. But it's not all that. Watching the play, the rhythm has changed. We're still winning but there have been differences. No-one want's to single out players as that quickly becomes "scapegoating" on this forum. If you were to compare between the play before McLean came into the team, it is best described as a well-oiled machine and after McLean - a vehicle engine running minus one of its pistons. McLean just hasn't the guile of Vrancic, nor the skillset.

Example - take the game against Birmingham, we were 3-1 ahead, in the 2nd half the Birmingham forwards were afraid of pressing too high as a simple ball to our midfield would leave huge gaps between the Birmingham forwards and their midfield, exposing them to the likes of Vrancic and Buendia to exploit. The opposition are no longer afraid to "press" us, we don't have midfielders that can turn quickly and pass accurately to hurt them. Seriously any man & his dog can press us and get results.

The title to the thread may be dramatic but this is a genuine concern. DL has got his horse, now he needs to pull out a sword and give someone the chop !     

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Wish I knew who the hell DL is,  then I might have an opinion. 

DF

On 27/04/2019 at 01:52, Six Pack said:

what a brilliant way of stereotyping and attempting to make people ashamed of posting legitimate concerns. I doubt you'd find anyone that supports this club (myself included) who doesn't respect DL and doesn't appreciate what he's achieved this season. That's not what this thread is about. It's about needing to make changes when things don't run smoothly.

The people with legitimate concerns and those who articulate their arguments like you have aren’t the people I was referring to. Go and read the comments on the club’s Facebook feed after our draws and you’ll see what and who I mean.