Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That article has kind of ruined my extended breakfast!

My extended breakfast meant a larger bowl of muesli, so it was rather ruined already.

Just now, kick it off said:

No, he didn't, you just apparently lacked the literacy skills to comprehend his post. I understood it perfectly and tried to help you out. Most people reading it will understand it perfectly. 

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It will finally get through your thick head there is no Instagram fantasies

and there is no link to another of your fantasy women - Hatie Hopkins

any explanation why you took that link down ?

It will finally get through your thick head there is no Instagram fantasies

Well clearly there are. You had pictures of an instagram model saved to your phone by your own explanation of the story. So presuming we believe your version that you weren't caught out, you were simply mistaken in posting the wrong photo, you still have been trawling a model's profile and saving her photos. I think Instagram fantasy would be accurate even if your version of events is correct. I don't have any instagram model photos saved on my phone fwiw.

Just now, Bill said:

and there is no link to another of your fantasy women - Hatie Hopkins

any explanation why you took that link down ?

IT WAS NOT ME THAT TOOK ITDOWN

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Well clearly there are. You had pictures of an instagram model saved to your phone by your own explanation of the story. So presuming we believe your version that you weren't caught out, you were simply mistaken in posting the wrong photo, you still have been trawling a model's profile and saving her photos. I think Instagram fantasy would be accurate even if your version of events is correct. I don't have any instagram model photos saved on my phone fwiw.

IT WAS ON MY COMPUTER ! ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHERS I USE IN PHOTOSHOP

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

so you would be happy for it to stay up - as you posted it there

funny (or not) how you didn't see what others saw - that it was a full of misrepresentation and coded racism

which some might say rather represents your views... and elsewhere most likely

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Like that odious pic of the WWI commonwealth war grave that you posted

defaced with far right hate speech and a neo na zi logo

and as an ex serviceman you did not even know why that pic was in the news either

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

EXPLAIN IT TO ME

I did, apparently you still didn't get it.

His post referred to your own assertions that "The EU need us more than we need them". That is directly contradictory to what you stated on "it doesn't matter who holds the cards" because by stating that the EU need us more than we need them, you were inadvertently stating that trade deals are imbalanced, because that suited your agenda that the UK would be able to negotiate a good deal with the EU, based on the EU's need for a deal with the UK.

The question posed was which side will we be on, when we have no trade deals (after the transition period). If we are on the side of needing them more than they need us, which is patently obvious to anyone with a brain cell, then you are accepting that in all our deals with major nations or blocs, we will be on the weak end of them. That is not exclusive to the EU deal.

The fact he quoted the "they need us more than we need them" is not specific to the EU trade deal, as it is a fundamental principle of all trade deals - the side that needs the deal the most will make the most concessions to get it. Therefore you trying to pin it down as "a mistake" is nonsense, because the implication of the post applied to deals in general, not the EU deal specifically.

Edited by kick it off

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The forum mods probably did as you were posting hate speech from a racist. But you're definitely not a racist despite watching and presumably agreeing with racists like Katie Hopkins.

Oh, OK. I'll rephrase.

As someone who doesn't fantasise about instagram models, I do not have a cache of them on my computer. I also do not photoshop Instagram models for no clear reason. What exactly was it you were photoshopping her image into? Or what were you photoshopping into her image?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

I did, apparently you still didn't get it.

His post referred to your own assertions that "The EU need us more than we need them". That is directly contradictory to what you stated on "it doesn't matter who holds the cards" because by stating that the EU need us more than we need them, you were inadvertently stating that trade deals are imbalanced, because that suited your agenda that the UK would be able to negotiate a good deal with the EU, based on the EU's need for a deal with the UK.

The question posed was which side will we be on, when we have no trade deals (after the transition period). If we are on the side of needing them more than they need us, which is patently obvious to anyone with a brain cell, then you are accepting that in all our deals, we will be on the weak end of them. That is not exclusive to the EU deal.

The fact he quoted the "they need us more than we need them" is not specific to the EU trade deal, as it is a fundamental principle of all trade deals - the side that needs the deal the most will make the most concessions to get it. Therefore you trying to pin it down as "a mistake" is nonsense, because the implication of the post applied to deals in general, not the EU deal specifically.

But I was writing in reply to the USA Trade deal, he went off on a tangent !

I've explained twice now. It wasn't a tangent. Take the fact that "they need us more than we need them" was said in the context of the EU.

That phrase is explicit that trade deals are imbalanced.

Do you think that when we have no trade deals, we will need a deal with the USA more than they need one with us?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Do you always defend him ?

No, In fact not sure I ever have.

I'm trying to help you understand his point. That's not defending him.

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

my comment applied to all negoyiations, therefore it was as relevant to the US as all others

and you have not been able to put up anything that suggests you have the slightest idea of what the UK's position will be once the transition period is over

in fact, I would suggest your grasp of this whole subject is akin to Alan Partridge trying to come up with ideas for new TV shows - just random old bollox that has no bearing on the reality of the situation whatsoever

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you always defend him ?

and that is why you haven't a clue and so post up such nonsense with every post

I would not want anyone to defend me - that’s not what it is about

I would expect others to post what they think - after reasoned thought on the matter, irrespective of whether their words agree with me or not

in fact if if it is a reasoned point, backed by the necessary facts ,then it is better that it is a contrary view, that's how we learn and evolve our own argument

and that's where you fail - you have told us you have a closed mind

so you rummage about the internet trying to find anything, no matter how much of a lie or absurd, to post up that 'defends' your side

meaning you are incapable of engaging in debate, as you are incapable of evaluating other folk's  argument - mainly because you also imagine that others take that same stupid approach

Is anyone else wondering why Swindon is the only person now defending the Government's negotiations? Where are the other Brexiteers?

Maybe they've finally woken up and smelt the Napalm 🤣

27% of Britons think Boris Johnson is trustworthy.

As many as that? I'm really surprised 🤪

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Is anyone else wondering why Swindon is the only person now defending the Government's negotiations? Where are the other Brexiteers?

Maybe they've finally woken up and smelt the Napalm 🤣

The majority of Britain support the Government that's why they have such a majority. On this board I'm out numbered !

Just now, Mr Angry said:

As many as that? I'm really surprised 🤪

his hypocrisy over Black Lives Matter maybe a pointer, as his previous words include

"If a constituent came to my MP’s surgery with her face obscured, I should feel fully entitled… to ask her to remove it so that I could talk to her properly. If a female student turned up at school or at a university lecture looking like a bank robber"

"Malaysian female students went to university because they have got to find men to marry"

"It is said that the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies"

"No doubt the AK47s will fall silent, and the pangas will stop their hacking of human flesh, and the tribal warriors will all break out in watermelon smiles to see the big white chief touch down in his big white British taxpayer-funded bird."

"The part-Kenyan president [has an] ancestral dislike of the British empire – of which Churchill had been such a fervent defender."

"The best fate for Africa would be if the old colonial powers, or their citizens, scrambled once again in her direction; on the understanding that this time they will not be asked to feel guilty."

"Johnson said that a "bunch of black kids" made him “turn a hair”, and added If that is racial prejudice, then I am guilty"

I expect Swindo will be wondering what is wrong with any of that - while others will be wondering who thought those sort of comments made him fit to be Foreign Secretary

The majority of Britain support the Government that's why they have such a majority. On this board I'm out numbered !

You still haven't figured out how the voting system works in the country you have lived in for 60 odd years.

Simple maths. Just over 40% voted for this government meaning the majority do not support them.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Another lie - unless you have up to date polling figures

and the last election only around 28% voted for the government

and you are outnumbered on here because you are the only brexiteer too thick to grasp what is happening - it is not the pro remain numbers who have increased, but your lot recognising it is a lost cause

leaving only the village idiot to burble away his idiotic wittering

The voting system is the only way people can pick who runs them, do you understand that ?

that's not the point - you lied by claiming the majority support the government

they don't - neither did they in Dec 2019

you are a liar

• Confused 1